1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deciding on new hair...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by madi, Nov 9, 2012.

1. madi

I want to change my hair drastically.

Of friend of mine is in hair school so I was going to have her do it for me. I have brown hair just above my shoulders at the moment. It has been growing out for a couple of months.

I want something short and colorful, but I'm not sure exactly how to do it. I have a quirky style, but I'm not really punk at all, no piercings or tattoos, I don't dress punk. So I'm wondering how to go about getting a new cut and colors without making it look forced. I want it to suit me, but be way different from what I have now.

I'm open to go extremely short as long as I'm not bald and I like most colors, but I would like to not have to bleach all of my hair because it is pretty dark :/

Anyway this might not be enough info, but any suggestions on a new hair doo for me?

me-> http://emptyclosets.com/forum/members/17712-albums3845-picture32098.jpg

hair is a bit longer and darker than in this pic, but basic idea

2. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

If your hair is thicker, just add layers and feather in very thin bangs. If its thinner, you can get away with much shorter, choppier styles without worrying about it getting staticky... Also, another thing to consider is just styling it differently. (curl it, use a flat iron to straighten it, cremp it to add waves, etc...) As for colors, go as bright or as subtle as you want- just be mindful of your skin tone. Maybe try a dark burgundy red...? Best of luck and have fun!!

3. madi

thanks :slight_smile: since I don't want to bleach my hair until it falls out I am thinking reds and deep purples. The cut style advice is very helpful

4. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

No problem! I'm such a cosmetology nerd, so if you ever want to talk about this stuff I'm game.:slight_smile:

5. madi