1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you support foreign affairs or do you think we should mind our own business?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheUndiscovered, Nov 9, 2012.

1. TheUndiscovered

Do you guys support foreign affairs that didn't particularly involve the US to begin with such as going over to help Libya with Gaddafi and even back in the 50s with the Vietnam war or do you think the US should just let people figure things out for themselves?

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, the Viet Nam War was in support of French colonialism, so no, I think we should have stayed out of that one.

I think that US humanitarian intervention could actually be a good thing. I was extremely angry when we didn't intervene and let the international community take its "non lead" on Myanmar when the tsunami hit. People were starving and dying of preventable diseases while the military leadership refused international aid. We just wrung our hands.

I have read enough history to know that US intervention sucks. But I feel like a whole lot of people interpret that history incorrectly. They go "the US intervened, and it turned out badly." As opposed to saying "the US intervened in favor of corrupt interests, and it turned out badly."

We could change and start intervening in favor of liberating forces.

3. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I can understand wanting to help from their repressive governments and natural disasters , but right now we as a country have way to many of our problems , that we need to pull out of everything and spend our money not on troops and bombs and but on feeding the homeless and helping schools and different things , when you are in good standing with your own home and situation is when you help others, there comes a time when you do need to mind your business and worry about your self. And stop acting like our troops our fighting for our freedom because they Aren't we don't have other countries military soilders in camped in a country killing us we have our freedoms so that's why I don't support the troops they are killing themselves needlessly keep our troops here and let them defend us if people invade our country. And yes I realize I will take crap for this but I'm sorry I won't apologize for what I believe , and it doesn't make me a bad person.

#3 Miz Purple, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012