1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding out someone else is gay/bi.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CrimsonThunder, Feb 11, 2008.

1. CrimsonThunder

This is nothing recent but a thread reminded me about it, a while ago I found out one of my good friends from highschool is gay, I read it on his myspace. Now I had my suspitions about it during the last few years of school and I didn't even know if he knew that I was bi but I suspect he did due to the orientation on my myspace and the fact that it would have gone around during school.

When I found out I was shocked and kinda a bit weirded out... Has anyone else felt like that when you found out a friend/reletive was gay? Because they're so close to you you don't want to think that they have the hots for ya.

2. justjoshoh

While I was in high school, I became friends with a guy. We found out in our junior year that we were distant cousins. About a year after I graduated college, we found each other on a personals site. That is probably the most awkward situation I've had to date.

3. Alexander

I start out with a perfect "like what?!?!!?" usually, but then a few minutes later I'm into w00t! mode. Especially if they are guys I crushed on :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I found out my friend was bi, I completely didn't care, I was like, "Oh ok that's cool..yeah I have no issues.."

5. Windowlicker

I would love to find out that a close person is gay/bi, at least I would have someone IRL to talk about it...

6. InaRut

Hahaha I helped a friend come out...but he turned out to be a little strong with suggesting that we should experiment. So I turned him down and made him go straight back into the closet...

Maybe I should refer him to here...

But maybe not....He kinda scares me.

7. kevinx519

yeah i know what you mean. my best friend just came out to me as bi. he said he wants to try some stuff. and i was like eww youre like my brother. but theres this one guy ive been crushing on for so long, and i suspect that he may be into guys. if so, then thats one step in the right direction for me. =)

8. CelebrityHead

Nobody in my entire year level in high school was an out gay or bisexual person. (Somewhat including me, since I came out to my best friends just after school ended)

9. ampthejazz

Last year, one of my older brother's friends told me that he was gay. I was soooooooo surprised because I never even considered the possibility that he was gay. He's also incredibly hot and cute. He and I sort of had a thing in April/May of last year, but that was quite complicated, seeing as he goes to school kind of far away from here.

10. The only time it ever caught me off guard was when one of my friends who I've known since I was real little said she was bi. I would have never expected because she's very man hungry. I still thought it was cool though.

11. otc877

otc877 Guest

So... when I read this the first time, I thought you said YOUR older brother...

I was a little confused, good thing I read it again :slight_smile:

12. CelebrityHead

Indeed! :lol:

13. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Just about everyone in my close circle of friends is bi. I wouldn't have put it past any of them, but still, when I found out, I was shocked by the coincidence.

14. step49x

I found out that a friend I had from HS was gay, from his Myspace page. That surprised me, a bit. I've talked to him a little bit, since we graduated. I'm kind of jealous, as he chose a college that actually supports gay people... :dry:

About a month ago, I found out a girl that I kind of knew was a lesbian. I definitely didn't expect it, but I didn't care. Hey, it's one more person to be able to talk to... :slight_smile:

15. SlickyPants

I've never had it happen quite like that. I've had a friend that I've known my whole life and she asked me to be her grad date. Me, I agree to go as long as long as we're still only friends. I started to panic later because I wasn't out yet and I wasn't sure what was going to happen at the grad-party. A short while before the graduation she told me she was gay and that was a huge relief and I ended up telling her I was gay too. In the end it made for a very relaxing and enjoyable night.