1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your definition of a successful person?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pills, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Pills

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In my opinion, most successful people are good at what they are doing as well as being wealthy. For me, a successful person would be both rich and good at their job (i.e. I don't consider people who inherit their wealth successful).

2. I always liked the old Bob Dylan quote

“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”

3. Alexander69

I agree with you but not in the inherit part. Just because the person gets money doesn't mean they are not successful just because their family was. Like for me I will inherit a lot of money and homes ad just because I'm inheriting that doesn't mean Im not going to be successful. I like real estate and i am going to be good at it and make money of my own since I am friends with and know a lot of extremely wealthy families and people.

4. julia

Someone who is happy with what they are doing and are also financially stable.

5. toms7

People that can be independent from themselves and wealthy from their own career without help!

6. HatterMad

For me success doesn't have to do with wealth. It's someone who can do what they do well, enjoy it, and our content with their life.

7. Zontar

Wealthy, powerful, with a heavy asshole streak and grandiose selfishness. What we all secretly want and strive to be, deep down inside, but very few get to experience.

8. Alexander69

LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! You don't want to be selfish or an asshole trust me I was and I still can be. I did an still have a huge problem feeling above people. #1 when you have money people will use you #2 money won't make you happy and being "successful" like my father he works all the time and flys all around the world I barley see him and my mother just shops. #people work so hard to be rich and just because you're not a multi billionaire doesn't mean you haven't been successful, it's sad that people think that way. to accomplish something that others haven't been able to is a huge success but people strive to do more then they can do and feel terrible if they don't succeed at it. Success shouldn't mean "money" but people put "success" and "money" together as if they are one. People all have a different idea of what success is but in the end it always leads back money.

9. Olivier

Doing what you love in life and having success in that and finding love is what I would call success, and just not caring what others think is a huge successs In my opinion!:slight_smile:

10. FashionDisaster

To me someone is successful if they are content with their life.

People aren't always going to be happy, enjoy their job every day, or not wish for more than they have. If at the end of the day, though, they can feel good about their position in life, then I would say that they are successful.

11. zian

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    A definition of a successful person is that he or she got the true happiness in his/her life and being contented on it!

12. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To me, a successful person is someone who is not me right now :S

13. Greendalehumans

Someone who sets a goal and accomplishes it.

14. tapsilog2012

tapsilog2012 Guest

To be able to live off of your ultimate dream career/passion without starving or being homeless.

Thats it :slight_smile:

15. Gen

Gen

I'm always negative when it comes to these things. If you were going to say this individual is successful in own their life, because they are content with it, than sure. However, to say that someone is successful because they do what they love or enjoy where they are, is a nice way of looking at it, but doesnt really make sense.

Many people love the violin, not many are talented at it. This is because if everyone was talented at the violin because they love or were passionate about it, than the idea of "talented" would be void. Its just like when you ask someone what their type is, and they respond with, "Well they have to be intelligent. If we cant hold a conversation, it would work." But what they are really thinking is that they dont want to be with someone who is below average. What they are missing is that the next level after "below average" isnt intelligent. Everyone that is normal cannot be intelligent.

Only so many people can be branded successful, talented, intelligent, etc. To some extent I can relate to the desire to label everyone with such adjectives because it sounds better, but it really is only blanket to cover up man's self-worth issues. Maybe you arent "successful", but who cares, you are happy. Maybe I'll end up a homeless starving writer(Well not really :icon_wink), but I'm not going to claim I am just as successful as J.K Rowling because "I enjoy what I do". I'm sure she enjoys it no less, and I dont have to downgrade what she has accomplished because I want to feel like my life was worth while. Our lifes are worthwhile if we are happy, we shouldnt have to stick adjectives onto it to make it seem better.

16. Nightmaric

Living your life by your own ideals, standards, and passions.

17. Alexander69

I love this!!! You are so right! Why does others standards have to be yours!

18. MC Nickayyy xD

That one place, you know, by that one thing.
    Someone who is happy and can support the ones they love.

19. Alexander69

I love this to. I just hate watching people who strive to get rich fast and fail. It's so sad, and it's because they have corrupted their minds to think that money=success and that's not true.

20. MC Nickayyy xD

That one place, you know, by that one thing.
    ^ yup. All I want in life is a loving family, a future for my kids, and to be the head of the Assassin Order. (xD jk but that would be cool)