1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conspiracy theory

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MixedNutz, Nov 10, 2012.

1. MixedNutz

Does anyone buy into the whole "illuminati" thing concerning the music industry? With all the supposed symbolism in music videos?

Do you buy into any conspiracy theories? If so which and why?

2. Ticklish Fish

what symbolism? what illuminati? and what music industry? US music?

3. Onyxknight

I worked with a guy who was an aspiring (I'm using this word loosely) "musician". We had a conversation one day about Lil' Wayne being a member, and all this hidden symbolism in lyrics and videos. I believe it's there, I just don't understand why.

4. Yuri

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I personally do not; understanding the origins of the term Illuminati have forced me to believe it is all a publicity stunt or direct display of ignorance. For those who don't know I will explain where the Illuminati originated: scientist such as Galileo in the past were persecuted for their findings by many religious groups including the Catholic church. In order to preserve their findings they created a rebel group called the Illuminati which was thought to be made up of Devil worshipers (coming from religious groups). I do not see any correlation with musicians of this day and age, so I do not buy into the whole Illuminati scheme.

5. Gen

Gen

Exactly.

"They are using subliminal messages to manipulate us."

The problem is that people are watching a little too much Sci-Fi and dont actually understand what a subliminal message is or how it works. Imagine for a second that I wanted to communicate with someone without anyone else in the room noticing, so we decide to invent our own language. We can talk about whatever we want, heck, everyone else in the room can try to imitaite what we are saying. However, they will be completely unaffected/unchanged because they have no idea what we are saying.

See the problem with the theory of brainwashing or effecting someone through subliminal messages is that, essentially 'what we dont know wont hurt us'. The music can say "praise satan", but if people are unaware they will be unaffected. The brain can only process the information it can gather.

Its as simple as "You are richer and more successful than me. You cheated!". Why does she get to have such a nice voice. Because she sold her soul to the devil of course :/

I wont even touch how much I dont understand why people think musicians and singers have this much power anyway. Not to mention, 90% of the accused are African American, which even despite obvious racial biased, is completely illogical considering these people believe that the Illuminati has been at work since the 18th century. Do they teach history
    anymore? :confused:

6. revi

revi Guest

When gen enters the conversation its its well you just cant argue with him. Lol i agree with him anyway

7. Ridiculous

People usually 'believe' (I'm not sure that's even the right word) in silly conspiracy theories because it puts them in a win-win situation. If someone else agrees and says they also believe it, then they are happy because they've convinced them; and if someone says they don't believe it, they can still claim victory because the feeling of "seeing through the deception" while others don't makes them feel superior.
    In fact a lot of the time I'm pretty sure conspiracy theorists don't want others to be on their side. They like the idea of being the special few who have it figured out.

This also applies to religion, a lot of the time - a very obvious example being Scientology. They clearly don't want everyone to convert to their religion, but still enjoy the feeling of being better than everyone else.

You can make unconscious decisions and these can be influenced by others subliminally to a degree, but not to such a degree that conspiracy theorists claim they are. Yes, the brain can only process information it has gathered, but individual parts can process information without passing it to the rest of the brain - you can do things without cognitive realisation.

8. Gen

Gen

I havent laughed that hard all day. I'm not that bad, am I :grin:.

Though, on this topic I tend to get a little testy because I know a few people who are serious about there being Illuminati, and it irritates me to the bone. Not becuase they believe it, but because when I ask them the whys and hows, they dont have any answers.

Believe what you want, just know what you believe.

9. revi

revi Guest

Wait who said it was a bad thing anyway I believe people make up these things to seem popular and like gen i believe they are fake or rather just entertainment for people when there bored...

10. Gen

Gen

Oh, ok. I thought you meant it as in you shouldnt argue with Gen, not that I'm argeeable. In that case, thanks ^-^.

11. Alexander69

WAIT WHAT? I'm confused is the illuminati an organization? Or something what? Explain please!

12. MixedNutz

Totally agree. If there is hidden meanings what's the point? Being hidden makes them unrecognized and therefore useless.

I think the artist now play into it a little just for sales and controversy.

---------- Post added 11th Nov 2012 at 05:14 AM ----------

Google "illuminati"

Also google "illuminati" with "jayz" "lady gaga" "beyonce" "Rihanna" "Kanye west"

It's a supposed secret organization that's been around for a very long time that uses the entertainment industry to control the world. It's supposedly satanic worship. Also called "Freemasons" or "New World Order".

13. Aielar

Dan Brown also wrote an interesting book on the Illuminati that is actually quite informative about what/who the Illuminati is/was :slight_smile: At least, I found it informative.

14. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had a long conversation with a conspiracy theorist a few days ago. Easily one of the most deluded people I've ever met. They believed ALL the well known conspiracies (9/11, illuminati) without giving any reason why.

Whenever I started poking holes in their argument they would just respond with "stop being so narrow minded". The fact that I was even giving them the time to spout their nonsense should have awarded me a gold medal of open mindedness.

15. I personally think a majority of people who believe these theories tend to believe every thrown together information online.
    I can make up/exaggerate information online then post it and some people WILL believe it as fact when in reality I just made shit up.

16. Allecto

The Illuminati disbanded in the 18th century and was a group for freethinkers. Being scared of them is ridiculous.

17. starfish

My issue with most conspiracy theories is that I find them to be overly complex.

18. Emberstone

you all are stupid... the illuminati is nothing more than a cover story for the real conspiracy, the illuminuti!!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ctqqx6-4Dmc[/YOUTUBE]

all the proof you need!

---------- Post added 11th Nov 2012 at 10:17 PM ----------

and most all of it was creative fiction. he just knows how to write things to make them not sound ahistorical.

19. Pyrotactick

FREE MASON GEOMETRY STUFF IN MY ELECTRO? BULLONGERR!...yeah....I doubt it a lot.

20. MixedNutz

That was my next question. What does everyone think about 9/11?

I have a friend who totally believes that the government was behind it.

I think he is a moron.