1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to improve my appearance?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Drakey, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Drakey

Well now that I'm single, I'm back to realizing how much looks matter in the gay community. Most gay guys treat me like complete crap because of the way I look and nobody ever gives me a chance with dating, also I'm just plain not happy with the way I look.
    I like my body a lot, but I need to do something with my hair to make it look good, but I don't know what! The problem is that my hair is that kind of curly that's not curly enough to be good curly, but not wavy enough to be any good either. It's just that ugly in-between :frowning2: When I let it grow out it becomes curly in a really ugly way and it won't shape to be anything good. I'm not sure if I can link a photo of how it looks right now, because of forum rules.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe you are allowed to put pictures of yourself on your album.

I'm sorry you don't think you look good. One odd thing that I've noticed though is that more attractive people tend to think they aren't. You are probably more attractive than you think.

3. Alexander69

Awe what you can do is straighten your hair that's what I do my hair is wavy and I hate it so I straighten it and then put it up and you would never know it was wavy ever haha. Plus I get blonde in my hair. It's so much work keeping it looking good but it's worth it. Everyone loves my hair. Try this hair style [​IMG] I like this hair style I do my hair like this

---------- Post added 11th Nov 2012 at 11:43 AM ----------

I looked at your hair you have great thick hair you can do a lot to it! Have a consultation with your hair stylist and ask what they would recommend colour wise and styled wise for you. :slight_smile:

4. Drakey

my hair doesn't look like that anymore :frowning2: it's all short now. I would love it if I could get my hair like that photo above though. How does one do it??

5. Bree

Super easy. A bit of gel, and then rub your hands through it backwards.

6. Alexander69

Ya I straighten my hair then use wax it's easier to work with I find, after I've gotten it the way I like it I spray it with extra strong hair spray. You can buy this stuff from your hair salon :slight_smile: you can show that pic to your hair stylist and they will be able to cut it that way :slight_smile:

7. kem

kem

if you don't like the way your hair looks when it's long, then keep it short. :grin: A well-cut, short haircut looks great.

#7 kem, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  8. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Invest in a flat iron, hair gel, wax, and hairspray and experiment.

9. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you look pretty good to me, and i'm very picky.

10. Greendalehumans

I actually like your short hair more than the long hair :slight_smile: but then I don't know what guys look for in each other ha. But your hair looks good! You shouldn't have to dress or change how you look just so that people will like you more.

11. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I wish I had that answer...:confused:

But I think you look good with your new shorter hair. Usually I prefer longer hair, but I think it's nice being able to see more of your face.

12. Gen

Gen

There no such thing as simply "improving ones appearance". We can improve our appearance in the eyes of ourself or in the eyes of others, but there isnt a definite path to take.

If you arent satisfied with the way you look then you should do whatever you can to make yourself feel comfortable. Dont go off of the opinions of others. Ask yourself, what do you think needs work and then work on that.

Plus, I think we are all in agreeance that you are quite fine as you are.(I like the short hair and glasses best ^_^)

13. Zontar

Do that thing you did with your hair in the May picture. It looks awesome.