1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Men and football (not soccer) football

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Alexander69

What is with straight guys an some gay guys and football?(not soccer) what is it? Like WTF? My dad is home for today and isn't working FOR ONCE and he's all pissy because a team is losing.... Wow

2. Romi

Football. The new American Pasttime.
    But really, you shouldn't exclude women. I've seen just as many women scream and throw things at the tv when their team is losing, too. It's crazy.
    I can't say much, though. I think marching band was my football love gateway, though.

But hey...other sports have crazy fans, too. Have you ever seen a soccer match in Mexico? Oh man. Crazy shit there. Hockey. I mean...you have crazy fans with every sport.

3. Alexander69

Lol ya I was more leading towards my father..... He freaks over a stupid game.. No offense I hate sports

4. Ticklish Fish

try asking those gamer nerds freak out over missing some raids or loots.... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. robclem21

6. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I absolutely love watching football and hockey. I'm very competitive and hate seeing my teams lose.

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm really not a fan of handegg. Not sure why people get so crazy about it.

8. Alexander69

I don't get it..... And I don't find any foot ball players attractive at all... Soccer players some are freaking sexy!!! But ya I can't stand sports. I'm a healthy person I eat heyhey work out for hours a day.... But sports..... I can't stand playing with other people.

9. Ticklish Fish

can you not stand watching sport with people or doing team sport with people?
    that's two different matters, lol.

i mean, yes, to some people watching sport would be like watching TV or movie, so they would rather watch movies or TV show instead. but playing sport is like, physical activity

10. IanGallagher

I think some guys just latch onto some things. Some guys love sports. Others love films. Others go crazy and dress up for anime conventions. Others have concerts. And then others have musicals. Sometimes more than one. But usually somebody has something they're crazy for. Or at least that's how I view it. I'm a movie nut and view big blockbuster premieres as my own version of the super bowl.

11. starfish

I'll take this one.

2 months ago the NHL's contract with the NHL Players Association expired and the owners locked out the players during the contract negotiations. This lead to the cancelation of games through the ned of the month, and the entire season is in jeopardy at this point.

During these trying times fans have found ways to cope. Some have started watching NFL football. Others have started attending games for minor league hockey teams and/or watching historic games using services such as ESPN classic or NHL Vault.

These are trying and disconcerting times for both the fans and their families. Don't worry though, negotiations have shown some promise lately. Even if the entire season is canceled, hockey will be back. You'll have your old Dad back, cheering on the twins and sharing his opinion on Luongo and Schneider over dinner.

Oh you mean why do people get so involved in sports. It is fun and exciting. Sports are the one form of entertainment when you can never figure out what is going to happen. I've seen games we should win and lose horribly, and I have seen games where at the last minute we comes back from nothing and win. When you start following a team you get emotionally invested. When your team is winning you are happy and excited, when they lose well it sucks.

--Edit to add. I forgot to mention. Yelling at the TV makes them play better, so that is why we do that.

12. Alexander69

I can't stand watching sport or playing sports. To be around a bunch of immature old men.... No thanks I'd rather be at an art show or at a fancy restaurant or shopping, or at the beach or on vacation. Ill never get in to sports I find guys act ridiculous while watching sports so annoying!

13. robclem21

Didn't know these were the only people who watched and played sports. Haha. Uh-oh.

14. Alexander69

Didn't know these were the only people who watched and played sports. Haha. Uh-oh.[/QUOTE]

HAHA yes. Only soccer players I find sexy are cesc fabregas and cristiano Ronaldo.

15. FJ Cruiser

Different strokes for different folks. Think about it this way: their team losing for them is like people who can't afford high fashion for you.

16. Ticklish Fish

Too lazy to quote everyone. But entertainment is different for everyone. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Herp derp. While everyone's watching football.. I am doing raids and raids and raids~ (jk, i should be doing hw)

17. Eric

There's a difference between being immature and being attractive. :slight_smile:

18. robclem21

HAHA yes. Only soccer players I find sexy are cesc fabregas and cristiano Ronaldo.[/QUOTE]

Most people enjoy watching sports for the sport going on and because we find it interesting. Not everyone just watches to check out the athlete. Granted, that helps sometimes, but there are other aspects that I personally anyways tend to take into consideration. Not everything you have to enjoy centres around hot guys.

19. Alexander69

Most people enjoy watching sports for the sport going on and because we find it interesting. Not everyone just watches to check out the athlete. Granted, that helps sometimes, but there are other aspects that I personally anyways tend to take into consideration. Not everything you have to enjoy centres around hot guys.[/QUOTE]

Hot guys are the only reason I will look at soccer

20. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, i am obsessed with sports, almost all kinds of them.

I was actually trying to watch american football this morning, Baltimore were playing Oakland. I just don't understand the game yet, though....

Can someone explain why they only throw it forward once every play? Is the quarterback the only player allowed to throw the ball forward? If he throws it forward once in a play, and it somehow comes back to him from his own player (let's say someone passes it back), can he throw it forward again?

How come sometimes when the ball is fumbled, it is play on and there is a scramble for the ball, but at other times when the ball is fumbled the play automatically ends?

The game is still a bit of an enigma to me...