1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ladies! Shaving: yes or no?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greendalehumans, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Greendalehumans

Do you shave your legs? I usually do if I'm wearing shorts or something, but as it's winter my legs are quite unshaven! I've seen lots of threads about shaving legs for guys, but not many for girls.
    What about you?

2. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. It's scary going out with a dress on and (beautiful) hairy legs as it's not the norm, but I make an effort to do so as I'm a bit of a rebel for good causes. :slight_smile:

3. Greendalehumans

Yeah I wish it was more accepted for people to just let it be. Move to Europe, I suppose :slight_smile:
    It's such a hassle and I'm a very lazy person, unfortunately. Also I'm always cold, so why do something to make me unnecessarily colder?

4. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, body hair grosses me out :/

5. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    No. I often go out of my way to not follow the norm. I don't see the point in shaving.

6. Hot Pink

I shave...sometimes... I'm really bad, honestly. I'll sometimes shave every week. Other times, I'll wait a month and my legs will be all hairy. I'm single, ladies! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

I do just because I find it to be more comfortable

8. mickie newton

Yes I shave...sometimes I'll laps a little. Especially as I wear trousers. But I'm not a fan of hairy women :eek:

9. Greendalehumans

When I don't have to show my legs, I keep 'em hairy :slight_smile: I don't necessarily like them hairy, but I don't mind it. And it's easier.
    But in the summer I'm still lazy so I only really shave when I'm going out. Well, like one a week and then again if I have to see people. Such a hassle.

10. Lighthouse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I try to keep mine shaved...but I too get lazy :slight_smile: I like the feel of smoothness. I am curious how many shave that special place...I just started trimming really close and now I'm toying with idea of just going all smooth. Would appreciate ur thoughts...thanks as always!

11. Fire2free

Fire2free Guest

I did get lazy last year during winter, but I've got this girl know so I'm do the best I can to look good.

12. Crassus

Crassus Guest

I don't shave. My leg hair is really light and fine, so I can get away with it. I can wear shorts and nobody notices that I don't shave my legs.
    If I were to get a girlfriend I would shave, but right now I have no reason to bother.

13. Aielar

Shaving, and remembering to shave, is a pain so I usually end up forgetting to do it until I'm getting ready to go out with some friends. Right now, I'm a closet participant of the silly no shave November because I'm rebelling. Having said that, I am turned off by excess body hair especially in girls - I prefer smoothness over hairiness, just my personal preference.

---------- Post added 12th Nov 2012 at 04:27 PM ----------

Might not be a great idea to wax down there - I've heard it's nice for about two weeks and then you have to wait for it all to grow back before you can wax again. I've never tried it myself though, so yeah. Also, it's going to hurt because all the hairs grow in different directions. Those are the reasons I dont' wax down there, if that helps.

14. Greendalehumans

Yeah, I just trim "down there".

15. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't shve my legs. Botheres others, not me. I think of it as just a little extra warmth. I agree, such a hassle.

16. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I don't shave in the wintertime, so usually from around the end of october to around the middle of april or so. I do shave the odd time because I don't like my legs too too hairy, but usually just leave it because it doesn't bother me.

In the summertime, I usually just shave when it gets really noticeable, once a week or once every couple weeks.

17. Illusion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't bother. I always wear trousers,even in the summertime so there's really no point anyway.

18. bubblehead1230

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes. Depends on what's happening. It really does get to be annoying after a while. But I do love the silky feeling of the bed sheets right after a shave. :grin:

19. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    How Interesting!!!!!!:grin:

I know this is aimed for ladies, and I'm not quite one (despite my desires), but I have something to say.

I find really interesting the different point of views around this matter. One thing that actually called my attention was that "norm" thing. Seems that several times, the choice is taken around what others will think of it, like "it's not proper for a woman to have hairy legs" or so, and then deciding wheter to follow or not.

At the same time, theres a lot of people who seem to do it (or not to do it) based on how practical is to do one or the other.

Being born as a male, I never had the need to shave other things than my face. But recently I started to do it. I tie this with what I said before, because I find interesting how the "norm" affects this matter. While some ladies revolve around that, I (as a born male) neve been constrained by that, and thus I could start doing it by my own choice.

In this position, I found I like it for practical purposes, you see, I tend to feel more hot and less cold, so on summer I need the air conditioner all day, and on winter I barely need "winter" clothing. I found that body hair is supposed to retain body heat, so I started to shave my body as a means to have a cooler feeling. (Well I'd lie if I say I only do it for that purposses, as I really like how my legs feel once shaved).

Also, I find really interesting the differences between the "male" threads, and this thread. It's good to learn new things :grin:

20. Meg

Meg

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Summer months yes, winter months sometimes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: