1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Longing to belong is the reason you are gay...WTH?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rachyl, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

SameSexAttraction

Supposedly Longing to belong is the issue with same sex attractions :roflmao:

2. SparkDT

The tab "How to resolve SSA" speaks for itself I think.

It's sad whatever site that is considers same-sex attraction something that can or should be "resolved".

3. Ticklish Fish

If you click the home tab and see the references.... quite a lot of religions

4. mickie newton

WTH is this load of twaddle? :eek: I think I know what 'same-sex attraction' is...I think we all do here :thumbsup: Who felt we needed it spelling out to us in this Hallmark kind of way!!!?? :bang: Numskulls!! :eusa_doh:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Boy, have they got that (and practically everything else on that site) backwards. Longing to belong *is* the issue that nearly all LGBT people have... but it is the lack of "belonging" (to "straight" society) that causes the shame that leads to the self-esteem and all of the other related issues (sexual acting out, difficulty with intimacy, difficulty maintaining long-term relationships, etc.)

They've also blatantly lied and misrepresented a whole bunch of other stuff, including the APA's 2010 statement on conversion therapy, the number of gay people that convert to heterosexuality later in life, and just about everything else. But then again... what can we expect from ignorant bigots? They probably have no idea how to read a scientific study :slight_smile: Nevermind the fact that the operator of the site is anonymous, and nobody takes responsibility for what is said on the site.

The piece that's sad for me is that with information like that out there, parents read it and believe it.

6. TheSeeker

Wow... YeahI heard a lot about SSAs in my brief stint in Christian therapy. Hell with that! Longing to belong?! That is too rich! If we wanted to belong wouldn't we be straight!? Confound these people!

7. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

This part I cannot believe. :confused:

We advocate policy neutrality *meaning the can go beat up gay people without fear of consequences*

All branches of government should avoid actions or decisions that would inhibit free speech about, or the practice of, freely chosen alternatives to homosexuality. Of particular concern are laws regarding hate crimes and sexual orientation that may be construed to make it illegal to promote or even speak about alternatives to homosexuality.

Just so it would be OK again to harm individuals who see themselves as not heterosexual.:tantrum:

Sounds like when Hitler said *the german people need more living space "Lebensraum"* his excuse to murder and kill millions of people. Perfect normal. right.:bang:

Is being gay so evil? so bad? I don't understand. and I was a very traditional catholic, and I never hated anyone who was gay.
    Yes I thought it was a choice, and I know how wrong I was.:icon_redf

---------- Post added 14th Nov 2012 at 09:43 PM ----------

Yes, my very traditional catholic family tried everything they could think of to "fix" my transgender issues two years ago. This is why I didn't just tell everyone about knowing I am gay. I didn't need to become another medical induced zombie like last time.

8. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I long to belong, but using homosexuality to resolve that is like throwing your phone off a cliff to get reception because there's cell reception at the bottom of it.

9. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

:roflmao:
    too funny

10. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

Pretty sure I wasn't "longing to belong" when I made enough glances at another guy in the gym to constitute staring.

I was staring at this guy in the gym today. He was pretty cute.

11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I still have people tell me that I just have SSA and that I am not really gay. I'm just like whatever at this point. I know that I'm gay..

That's the religious reparative therapy for you..

I also love the creepy guy in the picture on the page "what causes SSA".

12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good start.

Aaaand flop... :dry:

13. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That reparative shit gets me so riled up I can't even look at it. Mostly because of all the people out there that believe that crap will help them and that something is wrong with them. Their section on "Myths about same-sex attraction" is disgusting.

14. CamaroBlack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    "If you have not become involved in same-sex attraction behavior, congratulations! Your journey out of same-sex attraction will be much easier because of it."

Ok these guys are officially fully of crap :lol:

15. Ticklish Fish

LOL. the second quote needs support... I mean, humans have so many damn needs, even if you come from wealthy, well-to-do you can still be freaken gay....

16. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Yep, everbody longs to belong to a group that get's ostracised and discriminated against to the point that people end up commiting suicide or getting beaten to death.
    Seriously sometimes I wonder if these people even think before they speak.

17. Calico

So does that mean that you cannot be straight, you just have "Opposite Sex Attraction"?
    Oh wait, that doesn't exist because this is all rubbish.:dry:

18. Greendalehumans

See guys? All we really want is love from a friend.

You have got to be kidding me.

19. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really see why it being a choice or not even matters. What matters is that it's two consenting adults doing what feels right to them, and it harms no one. Given that, how is it anyone else's business to try to stop them?

20. FollowtheFreeman

"I want to belong so I'm going to 'choose' to be something that doesn't belong."

I love their logic.