1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to BFF soon, looking for support

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chloeles12, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Chloeles12

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I'm going to come out to my best friend tommorow, I do not have a crush on her( too cliche, but still difficult) and I can't fall asleep. I have it all planned out. We're pretty close and I don't think she'll have any issues, but I'm sure plenty others have had the coming-out jitters. I love her(as a friend) and it would hurt so much to lose her, but I can't keep it to myself any longer. Please, no unhelpful comments like "you shouldn't do it" or "you're too young to know for sure". I could use a bit of reassurance, not more insecurity. Thank you.:help:frowning2:*hug*)

---------- Post added 14th Nov 2012 at 07:54 PM ----------

To clarify here, I don't specifically want a relationship, our friendship is more important, but I'd have no issues(in other words, I'd love to) having a closer relationship with her. At first glance you might even think we were already. And right now I'm just rambling and delerious and tired....:sleep:

2. mickie newton

Hi Chloe

Well I'd never tell you you were too young too know because I was pretty sure by 9 or 10. When I came out to my family I was very nervous, so nervous that I did it by letter. For me that was just easier. But I am sure you will know best how to approach your friend. But anyway, once I'd decided I would tell my family I thought the most awful things the night before. All the things that could possibly go wrong. And the things they could possibly say. All unfounded and of course completely wrong. :slight_smile:

If you have been friends for a while and you feel in your bones that she is the one you want to tell first, then you are probably right to do so. I know how hard it is to keep it to yourself, and how frustrating it is when nobody knows. I only wish we'd have had the internet when I was your age, it would have made my life so much easier.

I think and hope what I have said may help ease your mind and I wish you mountains of luck Chloe and want you to know I'll be thinking of you. Do let us know how it goes. And try not to worry too much (*hug*)

3. SparkDT

All the best. :slight_smile:

4. the frizz

I was pretty nervous when I came out to my best friend as well but after I told her, she basically said that some things started to make more sense like the fact that I had a really close friend that I'd spend all my time with and practically be dating her... haha turns out I was dating that girl. My best was like "IT ALL MAKE SO MUCH MORE SENSE NOW!"

It was a huge relief to tell her and it's nice to have someone to talk to about it since I'm not out to my family yet. I'm still building up the courage for that but baby steps right?

Friends are a good place to start. :slight_smile: