1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slender Man and other Myths...?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rainbowbear, Nov 15, 2012.

1. rainbowbear

rainbowbear Guest

So, I thought it would be fun to create a thread for the purpose of learning more about horror myths. I don't know much about Slender Man, but I do know he takes children. So what do you know about Slender Man? Or do you know more about a different horror type myth? :thumbsup:

2. Pain

Pain Guest

When you see the Slenderman in daylight, he says "Gimme 20 dallah, gimme 20 dallah..."

He is creepy as hell! I had one note once, and was playing for about 5 minutes. And he was not behind me, but right to my right side, and I died from him that quickly! When I saw him I screamed and all my friends laughed at me haha. I have a love/hate relationship with that game...

3. rainbowbear

rainbowbear Guest

Haha. I agree, he is creepy. I don't last very long in the game either and I generally end up clinging to the ceiling. xD The mythos and mythology surrounding him though are quite insane and incredibly creepy. O_O

4. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

Me and Slendy have a complicated relationship. During the day, he's just another monster and I think he's awesome. I mean, he's a faceless dude in a suit with weird tentacle things coming from his back photobombing and stalking people. What's not to love?

And then night comes and I'm convinced he's around every corner. So I'm terrified of him, and it's fun!

I was SO excited to play the game. It was late at night, I was alone and the lights were off and I was playing the Lavender town theme. I got half done, and when I died I was terrified and stopped playing, haha.

There's another monster I'm convinced is out to get me, but I don't think it's from a myth. Maybe she is; she could be a combo of a bunch of stuff, but most likely she's just a personification of my severe anxiety disorder. It's just this female looking creature with wild black hair, wide red eyes, a big toothy smile with long, bristly teeth and white skin tinged green. She's harmless, basically spending her time staring at me, never blinking through the crack in my door while I sleep, or tickling up my back with her hands or whatever, but it scares me shitless lol. She's like 7 feet tall. Once, while suffering from sleep paralysis and half dreaming, she like, leaped on top of me, and another time she took over my posters and distorted them into her image.

5. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i came here confused, having never heard of slender man, hoping to know more.

now i am even more confused, having not understood what any of you are saying. Can someone tell me what this thing is?

6. Drakey

Slender Man | Know Your Meme
    ^refer to this

I have a neighbor who is really tall and skinny so sometimes just to freak us out he puts on a suit and hides in one of the utility closets in the apartment hallway and jumps out to freak us out xD He has a video of me basically falling down in terror and then chasing him around in anger x3

7. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a video game with a creepy faceless guy who sneaks around trying to kill you.

8. starships

Wasn't Slender Man created by some students as a project a few years ago then it became internet famous then they made a game? Idk that's what I read somewhere :thumbsup:

9. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I suppose this is more of a local myth, but it's still scary. To me.

There's an old weighing station near the edge of town that's been abandoned since....long before I was ever born. The one building on the property is run down and covered in graffiti that resemble strange symbols.

The myth, amongst us youngsters in town, was that everyone abandoned the place because a monster was trapped inside. He was so hungry we'd say, he'd eat anything that came inside, even all the stray cats that seemed to disappear around town.

So my friends and I one night asked a much older kid about the place and he laughed saying such myths are stupid, and we should meet him that night and he'd go in to prove there was no monster.

He walks in...some time passes...then screaming. Lots and lots of screaming. Oh, I'm pretty sure we all soiled ourselves. We ran back to my house since it was the nearest one and tried to figure out what to do, when the older kid caught up to us

I guess I learned it wasn't real, but I am still scared of the place, and I still tell the kids around town there's a monster in there.