1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food Poisoning..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Luke Matt, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Luke Matt

So..I ordered Phad Thai (just writing the name is making me want to throw up) from this new Thai take-away shop that just opened near my house. It was a vegetarian meal so I figured I'd be pretty safe (food poisoning doesn't generally come to mind when you think vegetables). But later last night my stomach starting hurting really bad (I was tossing in bed for like 2 hours) and I ended up throwing up all on the carpet in my bedroom :frowning2: (sorry for the mental picture). It also turns out that my last exam is today but I'm too bedridden to be able to attend it :frowning2: I managed to pick up a medical certificate but ergh, talk about bad timing.

Never eating from that restaurant ever again...

#1 Luke Matt, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  2. Closet88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very bad timing. Hope you feel better soon. Don't know how it works in Australia, will you get to take the exam again? In the UK I think you just get given an average mark if you miss an exam for medical reasons.

3. Luke Matt

95% sure I can. I just need to submit my med. certificate with an application form and I should be able to resit it.

4. Bree

You can get food poisoning if they used any of the same tools for meat.

You should really let the restaurant know somehow, even by a short note. They might have a young person working there who forgot to keep the ingredients separate or something and need to be aware of the problem.