1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any nature lovers?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jargon, Nov 16, 2012.

1. jargon

I'm starting to notice that none of the gay/bi guys I know get very excited about spending time outdoors. For someone like me whose loves hiking, biking, climbing and kayaking this gets really annoying, because those would be at the top of the list of things I'd love to do with a potential boyfriend (There are others too, of course, but those are important :wink: ).

Anyhow, anyone on here a good counter-example of this trend? Or know some gay/bi guys who are?

2. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm with you on that one, I love those things. Those are some of my best memories as a kid and I still enjoy it

3. TheSeeker

Dude, I am a PARK RANGER, so yeah I think I buck that trend.

I live for the outdoors and it is my passion. I love my job as well, and consider it awesomely badass. So, thanks for putting this thread up. Yay, Nature!

Also, check out my sig...

4. jargon

Thats awesome, and your welcome :slight_smile: My high school best friends make up about half of the local state park back home, but sadly the only non-straight one is a girl. I love spending time sitting around the fire these guys all summer though, its a great way to live!

5. Suffocation

Ugh, nature is only good for the beautiful gay men that it produces.

6. Ticklish Fish

Those plant babies (pollens) love making out in my nose with my mucus... if I go out for too long...

7. TheSeeker

That's what Zyrtec is for. Although TX is really humid, so I feel you there.

---------- Post added 16th Nov 2012 at 09:56 PM ----------

Campfires are awesome. It's an excuse to drink and burn things at the same time. Pretty amazing.

---------- Post added 16th Nov 2012 at 09:57 PM ----------

Well, and sustaining the planet... Ecologically speaking. But yeah, we are kind of gorgeous.

8. Gallatin

I love nature and the outdoors. I'm an Eagle Scout (side note: proud of the hard work I did to earn that, not proud of the BSA and their prehistoric policies) so I've done my fair share of hiking and camping. I don't really have any friends now who like the outdoors, so most of the time I just go out exploring on my own. But that doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for it!

9. Ridiculous

If I have to go outside my legs fall off.

10. TheSeeker

Me too!!! I have been contemplating returning it recently though... Damn the BSA for being a fossil!

11. mojoe

You know I've always wondered if I was the only gay guy who loves the outdoors. I know now that I'm not. I'm an avid backpacker. There's something truly humbling about hiking miles into the middle of nowhere with only what you can carry on your back. Last year I spent a week hiking a trail in Glacier National park in MT. I highly recommend any nature lover to visit that park. The entire state of Montana is a truly awe inspiring place. Though living in northern Wisconsin, I need not go far to experience the best nature has to offer. My ultimate life goal is to thru hike the entire North Country trail spanning from New York to North Dakota, so yeah, I'm definitely a nature lover.

12. Hexagon

I love nature. But not in the way that I'd want to be in it...

13. CamaroBlack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I really do enjoy nature nothing like breathing in a bite of fresh air and looking at all the nice scenery wish I lived near my states national parks so I could go out exploring :slight_smile:

14. Artemicion

What are you talking about...to me most guys I've seen seem to like going out and be active. As for me...I'd love to go out and get some fresh air away from the city for a little while and back, but no one ever seems to ask me hence...it never happens ~_~".

15. vyvance

Not a fan of camping, but I do love hiking, rock-climbing, and going to State Parks. Day hike is fine, but I'll take my bed and air-conditioning when I'm done. No tents for me.

16. Meropspusillus

As an evolutionary ecologist in training I certainly hope that I like nature!

17. Onyxknight

Does standing outside at 1 in the morning with nothing but horses and grass around you even though it's below freezing count? I LOVE Nature. Especially at night, it's so peaceful. I love to just stare at the stars and listen to the wind. I feel like I belong, it feels so right. This could have something to do with my Native American heritage. I often feel like I don't spend enough time just enjoying and appreciating it.

18. jargon

Well that's a good point, lots of gay guys do like to stay active. But even if they're regulars at the gym, or even get outside for a jog reguarly, I don't know any who seem to want to experience nature. Not to stereotype, but I get the impression they're can't see the value in getting their hands a little dirty when its called for.

19. Cascade

I've always loved nature, it's beautiful and it feels great to be surrounded by it. I'm studying to become an environmental biologist as a result of that.

The most fun I've ever had in winter is going to a small cabin a good distance from the city with my friend's family last year. There we went cross country skiing all day, around all of the trails. It's a great feeling being out in nature with your friends. At night you could hear the coyotes howl and the stars were incredibly bright, we even caught glimpses of the northern lights. The most fun part was going on a long cross country ski after dark, you couldn't see far ahead of you with only the stars to guide.

20. Koan

Koan Guest

I am bi man who loves nature.

I would even say, that connection to nature is a part of my spirituality. Being out in nature really puts things into perspective, and in the grander scheme of things, we humans are actually pretty small.