1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gucci Viaggio collection email.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Alexander69

2. Jeff

Yeah a long sleeve tee shirt, and only $275 for that one item.

:icon_bigg:eusa_clap(!)

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No offense, Alexander, but I wouldn't be caught dead in anything from an overpriced designer. Waaaaaay too pretentious for me.

4. Gen

Gen

My lord, is this real?!?!?

I can honestly say that regardless of my income I will be damned if I ever pay $275 on a plain black long sleeve shirt. Its not even the money or affordance it is simply on moral of it.

Does it exfoliate your back and self clean? Does it have a rare magical enchant!?!? Like what am I not seeing :confused:.

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

^ Couldn't it be considered not wearing designer clothing in order to not be pretentious ...somewhat pretentious? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

All kidding aside, the shirt is just too ugly xD

6. Jared

Really almost $300 for a black shirt?!?!?!?!?!? I've got shirts that cost way way less and look exactly the same. I can think of some many better uses for that money.

7. redstormrising

you say that you're trying to change, but then post $275 shirts and ridiculously overpriced bottled water . . .

i can't decide whether this is some attempt at bragging about how much money your parents have, or if you're genuinely so out of touch that you don't realize the vast majority of people here (as in the rest of the world) do not buy these things because they either can't afford them or can afford them but find them to be a waste of money

8. Ridiculous

'Designed' seems a rather illustrious word for it.. looks like a sack with sleeves.

9. Alexander69

NOOO I was simply showing you all the new collection. I'm not saying I'm buying it. I got an email from Gucci and I wanted to show you all the new collection.

10. Fiddledeedee

Interesting. Let's take a look at some comparable shirts.

£22.50
    £6.18
    £23
    Unknown, likely not expensive.
    £50. This is wayyy too much for a black T-shirt.

They're all pretty much the same; if some look worse than the original, it's because a stupidly massive brand can afford to blow money on a photoshoot and airbrushing when it's just a T-shirt.. None are worth more than about £20, if you're feeling generous (I wouldn't ever pay more than £10 for something so simple and ubiquitous if I needed to buy one at all -- most of my clothes are second-hand and better for it). There is literally no point to a Gucci black T-shirt except to show wealth and to be completely ripped off, no matter what they say about the cut or the materials or whatever. In England, I'd recommend someone go to M&S instead, but I don't know if Marks & Spencers has made it across the pond.

11. Elicitra

Neh, I'd buy it. If I'll regularly drop a couple of hundred quid on shoes, why not a jumper that I quite like :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :roflmao: I just nearly choked myself. I so agree.

13. Alexander69

It's silk. And it was designed. Just because its basic doesn't mean it wasn't designed. All I was trying to show was this new collection since I received the Email I though I would share it with all of you.

---------- Post added 17th Nov 2012 at 03:32 AM ----------

I don't really think it matters what income you have everyone has 300$ on them or in the bank to spend. I get what you are saying but if you came from money and money wasn't the question it was the answer and the answer for everything was money.... I can tell you that 300$ looks like nothing. But I understand all of you and I totz agree its an outrageous amount for a blank t shirt. I mean at least out the logo on it LMAO. Haha but no I'm not trying to be like "hey look at what I can buy" I'm not like I said I KNOW it's a lot of money and Im not going to buy it I simply wanted to show everyone the new collection :slight_smile:

14. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :dry: I need those $300 for my rent, my food, paying my phone and tv bill, detergent to wash my clothes. I'm not gonna be able to pay for all that if I spend $300 on a shirt.
    So yes, I have $300 in the bank, but no.. not to spend.

I saw pretty much the same shirt in Walmart for $10. No, it's not silk, but do you really want to wear silk? Really?
    And no, I don't buy my clothes at Walmart, don't worry, it's not that bad.

15. tapsilog2012

tapsilog2012 Guest

I dont have $300 extra. Why dont you give it to me so I can stop living with my heartbroken ex boyfriend in a one bedroom apartment and sharing food, clothes (most of my wardrobe is shared), an ipod and pretty much everything else with him while he alternates between crying and yelling at me because Im gay and we cant be in a relationship anymore?

I know I shouldnt hijack your thread, but we live in the same city, and Im seriously done trying to sympathize with anyone who can't understand what 99% of people who live in this shallow, expensive, jobless hell hole go through.

16. timo

[​IMG]

17. Level75

+5 Charisma
    -275 Wallet Capacity

18. Bolin

Favorite Post of the Week Award goes to Level75. :lol:

On another note, I've never been a fan of Gucci...beyond overpriced and not a fan of their "designs." I can find cheaper stuff by more famous designers at Burlington Coat Factory for like $10.

19. King

King Guest

Why, exactly? Because so far nobody cares.

You need to settle down with your 'Gucci' business. I'm pretty sure zero people here want Gucci products or think you're impressive because you've signed up to receive emails from them. Really now.
    You got money, cool. Stop trying to flaunt it, nobody is jealous.

20. redstormrising

You are wildly and ridiculously out of touch with reality if you truly think everyone has $300 in the bank to spend on a single silk-BLEND (note it is only 10% silk) shirt. There are people who can't even put food on the table on a regular basis. And I say this as someone who can afford a $300 shirt, though I'd never spend that kind of money on one. (I did, however, donate that amount to a hurricane sandy relief organization.) Unless your parents will continue to fund your excesses into adulthood, you are in for a very rude awakening when you attempt to live on your own.