1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A great way to end my dysphoria =)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by O_Negative, Nov 17, 2012.

1. O_Negative

Hi everyone. So a bunch of you saw my post in support about dysphoria and dealing with it...but today it ended quite abruptly because I met someone really awesome =)

My college does quidditch. yes it exists. Its about as full-contact and rough as rugby. I went to see my school's match today and met this girl there named Mel. Wow, is she fantastic!!!!!!!! I came out to her pretty quickly because it was a boy day and that just makes it easy to tell people (since its obvious im not physically male =P)...she seemed so awesome about it and told me she's bi. She said to use whatever pronouns I wanted (i did ask her)...

anyways shes really really cute, has the most amazing eyes, and has been flirting with me all afternoon!!!!! Best part? Shes single!

I am so happy right now because I'm realizing how confident the male side of me is and its awesome to feel like this. Im nervous because if anything comes of this I will most likely be coming out to my parents. Right now I am just basking in the idea that theres a really super good looking person that wants to flirt with me.

OFDJGKSLDF OMFG GUYS. GUYS I JUST. IM SPAZZING OKAY?????

2. caramba2654

Wait wait wait wait wut? Quidditch? Like in Harry Potter? How does that even work?

3. Fruitylicious

^ I agree

On topic: That is awesome:grin: I am happy that you found someone like that:icon_bigg She sounds like an awesome person(!)

4. O_Negative

Haha I knew that'd happen.

It looks really silly but its actually pretty intense. Teams run around with brooms between their legs (they have to hold them, penalty if it isnt between legs), the chasers toss the quaffle (volleyball) between each other and try to get through goal posts (pvc pipe or similar fashioned into circles, much like the movie, about 7' tall). Beaters have bludgers (dodgeballs) that they throw at people. Get hit with a bludger, gotta run to your goal posts and touch them before you can continue.

The snitch is a person dressed in bright yellow. In the persons back pocket is a sock/stocking painted yellow with a tennis ball in it. They run around (off-field, anywhere...pretty much anything goes for the snitch, ours sat down on the ball today)...seekers find/chase the snitch. First team to get the ball from the snitch's back pocket wins.

5. Fruitylicious

That sounds complicatedXD

I would fail so bad:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: mostly because I am not athletic in the slightest and the fact that sports is not my area of "expertise":roflmao:

6. O_Negative

It took a while for me to learn. Mel explained a lot. Its pretty fun to watch but I wouldn't play haha.

7. Romi

OH MAN! So my uni isn't the only one with a quidditch team!?!? SUPER COOL.

But back on topic. That's so rad, you! I'm super excited and happy for you. I'm glad that you found someone you are already so comfortable with. And to be able to come out with ease and have that person accept you...That's awesome! Woot woot. Party time!

8. jvn95

Wow I'm so happy for you!

It's always awesome to meet a new cool cute person :slight_smile:

9. Suffocation

yay for cathy! (thats probably not your name but i feel like using that name)

10. Alexander69

What's dysphoria? Like a muscle disease? Oh is it here the facial muscle seeps or something? I hope I'm right ill be so embarrassed if I'm totally off an wrong :O

11. O_Negative

Romi: Nope, we have several in NY that have teams =D And thanks!!!

jvn: it isss...thanks!

Suffocation: My names are in my signature bro XD

Alexander: No problem. I had to figure it out too. Its literally the opposite of euphoria...eu = good, dys = bad, phoria = feeling. Its like a really awful sadness about something that you can't shake. Check out my thread in Support "Dysphoria becoming more and more real"...that explains how I was feeling a bit.

12. Alexander69

Ohhhhh OKKK I get it :grin: I'm glad to hear you are feeling better!!! :wink:

13. O_Negative

Thank you =)

14. O_Negative

OMFG guys I just...um...

I spent the night with Mel?

And we were up til 5am?

And now I seriously need to come out to my parents as pan somehow? Because...last night was awesome and...I want it to last...

I am both over-the-top ecstatic and dreadfully frightened...

15. O_Negative

I am dying with how happy I ammmmmm XDDDDDDDDD...sorry I keep posting I just...XDDDDDDD

16. Deaf Not Blind

Haha! Yeah at university there are a lot of Queers here and I thought one girl was laughing at me when I was talking about my religious beliefs. But later she came up to me and said she wanted me to know she was not laughing at me, she thought what I was saying was so cute and that she thinks I am cute. Shocked me. Really? I am cute to women. :eek: Well, now that kinda changed things. I have been just a hint flirting with ladies now, not a lot, just a little...and I feel so suprized who I really am is kinda a ladies man. So, um, who knows what will happen right? Just try not to go too fast there, and maybe something really cool is happening for you too.

17. madi

Oh my gosh this is soo amazing. Not just the quidditch, but the girl! So happy for you and I hope everything works out well have fun!

18. O_Negative

Thanks guys!

She is being really super understanding about my being semi-closeted. We are taking things kinda slow but still shocked at the fact that we barely met four days ago. We've felt this crazy instant connection and its a bit scary and confusing but wow...I can't wait until Monday when I can see her again. Thank god for video chats?

*bounce*

Oh yeah and she reverted me to girl =P...I didn't know that could actually be caused by something but apparently it can.

19. AlexisAnne

Congrats on all of this! I am so unbelievably happy for you, I know how down you've been and I think this is wonderful :slight_smile:

20. O_Negative

Its completely gotten rid of the sadness...its amazing! Gah...I am all giddy and stuff XD