1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Shave November

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Maunglwin, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Maunglwin

Do any of you guys participate in 'No Shave November'? :icon_bigg
    Or do you think this is gross?? :dry:

2. vyvance

Shaved both my beard and my legs last night, so I guess not. Never heard of it before just now though.

3. Maunglwin

It's usually participated by mostly men who are in high school or college. The event is to raise awareness for prostate cancer and men health in general, but many high school/college kids just do it for fun to see who can grow the longest mustache or beard. :slight_smile:

I honestly think that it's kinda gross but fun to participate in :slight_smile:

4. TheDifferent13

If I was actually able to grow a full beard I might participate, but since my genetics or the fact that I'm a really late bloomer on that part, prevent me from from doing it, I won't join the beard train just yet.

I do agree though that on some people it looks gross, but on some people it looks hot! :grin:

5. grizzleybear33

Haha at my school it isn't to see who can grow the longest facial hair its who can go the longest before they are pressured into shaving. Unless the person can actually grow a nice beard I think it looks kinda hobo-ish. Just me. :slight_smile:

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

My beard grows so slowly that if I shaved it on October 31st and participated in No Shave November, no one would notice. I've been growing it for a year and a half now, and it's only about two inches long. Which saddens me, because I really like beards and would love a respectable one of my own. :frowning2:

7. Meropspusillus

I need to trade genetics with other people. As much as I can respect other beards, I really don't like having one on my own face, and my facial hair grows faster than just about anyone I know. I've never gone more than 2 weeks without shaving, but once after 2 weeks I was well beyond the stubble phase.

8. Gekko

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't grow beard, just mustache, and it doesn't look good alone :frowning2:
    so I shave it once a week.

9. MixedNutz

Shaved my ###### clean off for the first time since Jan 15th. So nope

10. CTJ

CTJ

We know it as 'Movember' in the UK and i gave it a go, 2 weeks in and i looked ridiculous for it. I only have to shave once every weekish or when i get moaned at at work, so if i want to do it properly i have to start now for next November :grin: I really would love to be able to grow a beard, just genetics i suppose. I have almost no hair on my arms and only really have to have a hair cut once every 3-4 months, clearly my body just doesnt like hair.

A fun little side note, I have a friend who was the youngest in my school year, and at the ripe old age of 22 he is almost completely bald. Yet he has to shave twice a day, its bizarre.

11. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have never heard of this before. I know it's common for some guys to do it because it's hunting season here but that is a completely different reason.

I actually just shaved 30 minuets ago. I do it every day or every other day, but that is just because I don't like facial hair. I guess that is just me

12. jvn95

I wish I could participate...

I can't because I can't have a beard in Njrotc :/

Like, the only downside...

13. Eric

Outside of the United States, it's generally recognized as Movember (where you shave everything on your face but your upper lip. 'Cause mustaches). I am participating in that, but my contribution isn't so good thus far.

14. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same here.

I always stay clean shaven, not that it's too difficult for me.

15. Shave once a week, but I like to keep a nice mustache and goatee. I keep it trimmed up and in line everyday two days; it grows like crazy! What pisses me off is the underside of my neck and my sideburns grow so slow and uneven. Although, I'm kinda getting some mutton chops here. My best friend has the sexiest stubble EVER, which drives me crazy because 1.) it's what I want to have, and 2.) it makes him look so good which doesn't help my attraction for him! UGH! :bang: But whether it's November or not, I keep it trimmed and pretty much the same.

16. teluphone

Haven't shaved since last month....interesting I grow only strands on my chin and a moustache. Makes me wish I can grow a full beard

17. FollowtheFreeman

I love No Shave November. It;s the only time of the year were I can grow out facial hair and people won't care or ask me silly questions about my beard. I fogot that it was November, though, up until the 7th, but I had already shaved. It's been two weeks since then and I've got myself a pretty scruffy-looking face.

I think I might keep it.

18. FJ Cruiser

I have inherited the ability to pull off facial hair, and I don't like shaving, so it might look like I'm participating. But seeing as how I've buzzed my face once this month already, I can't say I'm legitimately doing it. I don't like growing my facial hair much past two weeks, which for me is a decent beard.

19. Emberstone

oops, shaved my chest and torso yesterday...

20. aidan

I am currently sporting a very sexy moustache.