1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banks?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Miz Purple, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok this question of for anyone who is or has worked at bank , because you might know the answer , so in 2008 when the recession hit I lost my job and I was renting a room in a great apartment and I lost that to in the same week, so needless to say I was broke and have to move back home unfortunatly I had to close my bank account with Bank of America I still owed 300 , I knew closing on a negative wasn't good but I didn't realize how bad it would be I paid the 300 and its been years since then , Burt every time I tried to get an account with a credit union they always turned me down because of that 300 dollars they told me to call and see if BOA would take that off my record and they said no it doesn't come off for 7 years ,it's only be 4 years and I can't get an account and I'm sick of per paid cards and cash , does anybody know if this is something a bank would be ok with I know credit unions are sticklers but the lady at the credit union said I should try some banks and see if they would be willing to give me an account, so this my question how likely do you think it is that a bank will give me an account.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Banks kind of suck. I'm really sorry that your credit rating took a hit. I guess you'll just have to settle for one until you can repair your credit enough to get an account at a credit union again.

3. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah I don't want to go to banks but I'd like it better then getting pre paid credit cards.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since they are pre-paid, they can't improve your credit.

5. Sherri

From what I've been lead to believe, having bad credit and being on the banking black-list are totally different things. B of A threatened to black list my mom in a similar fashion when they slapped her with a lot overages (in a way which is now illegal, thank God), and she told them that she'd pay anything that was reasonably her fault but not their inflated fees for unfairly stacking her withdrawals. She was black listed for about a month before B of A decided to be reasonable. She only found one other bank in my town that would give her an account, and it was a small-town local bank where she knew the tellers and they said that while she was on the black list, they were going to do it anyway.

You'd have to get B of A to take you off the black list, or else find a bank that'll give you an account despite that, and, as you've seen, that isn't too easy. Good luck!

6. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah it sucks I'm gonna just try a few banks and see what they say .