1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaydar???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tevesh2, Nov 18, 2012.

1. tevesh2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Guys, I think I need some help improving my GayDar.

I have a very basic understanding of some signs, but I need some tips/advice/things that you (the community) looks for in a guy/girl. Help?:help:

2. Monmon

Monmon Guest

Stereotypically speaking, gay guys will tend to check out other gay guys too. :slight_smile:

3. tevesh2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right, but how do you figure out that they are "gay"? I mean I can look at any guy and "say" that they are gay, when in fact there not. I could say that everyone in my school is gay, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are gay. So.... tips on that?:bang:

4. Alexander69

OMG IM THE SAME WAY!! I need help also! Give tips people! Anything posture attitude anything

5. yes

yes

i also want to get better at this... some people say it's in the way someone looks at you, in their eyes, that's such a vague thing to go on...

6. Alexander69

Lol then every guy is gay and every girl is straight I get stared at all the time.

7. Lark

Lark Guest

I don't have anything for gay guys, but this blog is both hilarious and has tips on spotting gay ladiess.

In all seriousness though, even though my gaydar's pretty good, I still have trouble spotting people, and that's because we gays are so diverse that nowadays pretty much anyone could be LGBT and be an inconspicous member of society. Not enough rainbow face paint these days. -sigh-

8. RebelD

I get stared at a LOT! But it is usually in "satan's back in town" kind of way (people here are really conservative). But a smile says a lot. A friendly, but not amused smile from a stranger is usually a good sign. But it's not always accurate, some people are just overly friendly.

9. Monmon

Monmon Guest

Honestly, you cannot tell someone is gay by merely looking at their actions and the clothes they wear. Gays come in all forms. There are effeminate gays and there are masculine gays. There are effeminate straight guys and masculine straight guys too. You will never know unless you get drunk with them. :slight_smile: Sorry if I'm no help, I'm not good either, my gay friends are all those I've met in gay sites because I can never really tell in person.

10. TallButShort

TallButShort Guest

I agree although it would be helpful if there were some way to know :bang:

11. Monmon

Monmon Guest

Well, like I said, you will never know until the lights go out. And what's up with the head banging thing? It must hurt a lot.

12. IamTamTam03

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    bahaha :slight_smile: yooo , i totally have the same problem . I usually find it easier to either refrain from beatin around the bush && jus ask ... or use sneaky questions to uncover the truth about what they might have lied about other wise !

13. tevesh2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why does it have to be so hard though??? :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2:

14. IanGallagher

Their voice. A lot of gay guys, whether they like it or not, have some how developed the gay voice. Not many straight guys have this, some might - but not as many.

The limp wrist, if they move around in a more flamboyant manner - chances are that they could be gay. Few straight guys, just the ones really secure, act as flamboyant as some gay guys do. Once again, this isn't always a case - but a good indicator.

Hair - many gay guys usually wear their hair short and parted to the side, or long hair hanging down with part of it sprayed blonde. Again, not always the case - but more often than not it will be a gay guy that has this than a straight guy.

Softer - this is more hard to describe, it's partly the flamboyant thing but not necessarily. Straight guys, even the more outgoing ones, usually have more of a guard up. Whereas some gay guys seem softer and almost more feminine in nature.

The biggest indicator - two or more of the above.

Keep in mind this is only for spotting some gay guys, many others don't have this. It's just rare that a straight guy would because he might give a girl the wrong idea that if it was a part of him - he'd suppress it or not act on it just to not give that girl the wrong idea. So, while not all gay guys are like this - some are, and that's the best way to notice.

#14 IanGallagher, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  15. Alexander69

That helps a bit thank you :grin: HAAH

16. Aquilo

I can't remember having seen someone with hair like that ever.. So either no gays where I live or only gay people with some sense of style. :dry:

17. Monmon

Monmon Guest

After conducting a 2 day survey in my area, this is what I've gathered.

- They memorize the lyrics of Lady Gaga's song.
    - They like the gay boy band One Direction.
    - They will never miss an episode of their favorite tv show.
    - They like pastel colors such as hot pink or lavender.
    - They often quote movies like legally blonde or mean girls.
    - They hate sports, except those where the uniform is shirtless.
    - They like to watch musicals.
    - They wear their earring on their right.
    - They pierce their navel.
    - They always get mani and pedi.
    - They like to dye their hair different colors.
    - They like to eat bananas or hotdog

18. aeva

Totally agree with that. I don't know if it's the same for guys, but between lesbians there is definitely a "look". I call it mutual recognition, and I don't think it's something you can really learn...it's just instinctual.

Don't underestimate instincts!! http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=something-queer-about-that-face

19. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Gay guys love to watch The Golden Girls!! Well, not all gay guys, but The Golden girls were supportive of gay rights, a lot of gay guys love them!

20. inlove21

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My gaydar is wayyyyyyy off. I think straight guys are gay and gay guys are straight.... its horrible