1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pepper Spray/Self-Defense

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Proud1p4, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Hey haven't really participated a whole lot and said "why not start a new thread".

Well, i've been thinking about buying it from somewhere, illegal or not because of how quite sucky i am at self-defense and just thought it would make any attacker think twice. As it has been described as "having your faced soaked in gasoline and then lit on fire" which really just intruiged me even more lol.

Well i know in the UK it's pretty much illegal and in some of the US & Canada there is supposed to be a license of some kind but in most places its just an age thing (18+).

I just figured i'd start a discussion really about self defense for the 'frail' people. I'm defintely buying it one way or the other.

2. step49x

Just realize that if you have it, you may be inclined to use it in places it's not necessary, and (if you're in the US), someone might try and sue you for using it.

Is that stupid, expecially if it's for self-defence? Yes. Of course, even if people have the slightest chance of winning, they'll still sue.

Hey, people try and sue McDonalds for their obesity all the time.

Do realize that if you travel in groups, you're a lot less likely to be targeted.

3. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Yeah i know i might be sued, but i dont plan on using anyone who will want to go to court. Just dirty little High Schoolers lurking aorund our school, and i won't use something like that unless i have to. Although i might "accidently" spray myself out of curiousity :lol:. Meh, i probably wont get a hold of any anyways... oh well. If i can though i will lol.

4. step49x

Remember, those "dirty little High Schoolers" all have mothers who would be none to pleased to see their children get sprayed...

Why not just soak your face in gasoline and lighting it on fire? It would probably be easier, and you said yourself that it had the same effect...

..ok, that was just a horrible thing for me to say...

5. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Yeah the only reason i really want it is for serious situations that threaten my life or will result in a quite painful expierence, (ie: beer bottle cap + paddle + extreme backing force) which apparently some drunken asshole thought would make a good High School tradition when entering HS. So i said fuck that, im not going in there undefended. I do have a rather intimdating ceremonial blade used for rituals, but it's not to be used for any other purpose. If i can't get actual pepper spray ill definetly find a way to make my own with what i can. But producing the airsol effect will be a problem as well as the chemical that allows pepper spray to be so, "unpleasant".

Well i have a year to think about this so no rush.

6. step49x

Yah, I never really had that problem going into high school, but I can see your delema. I know there used to be a "Freshman Tax" at the football games, where freshman would have to pay to sit in the student section, but as I was in the band, I never had to deal with that.

7. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Hazing is for squares...I think that every senior should instead take a freshman on a shopping trip. How much better would that be?

When I was a freshman, all the upperclassmen were really cool and looked out for us...they also abolished hazing the year I got there so that was extremely lucky. But now as an upperclassmen it's difficult to look out for the freshmen 'cause they just added on a TON to our highschool so pretty much everyone's wandering around confused...

8. step49x

I remember my senior year. It seemed like I had more friends in the grades below me than in my own.

Just remember that if you're planning on going to college, you get to go back to being a Freshman. I've got a feeling that your senior "friends" won't get this far...

9. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Unfortunately the world has lost much more of its humanity since your time around lol. But you never know i have alot of older friends who will be 11th Graders when i enter High School. My only disadvantage, i don't blend in (my style of hair, clothing, attuide etc.) so you can rule out the "invisiblity" protection clause.:lol:

10. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Screw peper spray!

I'm turning 21 this year, which means I'll be old enough to get a gun. If somebody attacks me, I am not going to let him live to attack somebody else.

11. suburbs_of_sodom

Yes, respect and love your 11th graders...we...uh, I mean...they are gods. GODS. But yeah, it also sounds like you have a lot of girlfriends, so I would definitely tap into that resource...a pack of catty freshman girls can be quite terrifying.

12. William1

Hey proud_2b_gay456, I don't understand about high school where u live. Like ur a year older than me, and ur not in high school yet? I got to high school last year, and I'm in the second form this year.

And we don't have hazing and stuff, but we got bullies and prefects. Plus, even though I'm not big built, I can be pretty tough if I have to, so too many guys don't mess with me. :lol:

BTW, any weapon at school is a very bad idea. Any boy carrying a weapon of any kind at my school will be instantly expelled.

13. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Maybe where you live Grade 8/9 is considered a High School Grade. We don't enter High School until Grade 10 (next year for me). And it then goes up to Grade 12. Maybe in your location it only goes to Grade 11 (the most common standard south of the border).

14. suburbs_of_sodom

Woah, what border are you talking about :icon_smil? Here in the US highschool is grades 9-12, but yeah, I think Willie's from Britain if I remeber correctly...

15. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's usually true. I know some schools in the US have grades 10-12 only.

16. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I'm in Canada not the US?

17. suburbs_of_sodom

No, I know. I just meant that the US is "south of the border" where I am. :icon_bigg

18. William1

Yeh, I'm from the UK, but I'm an exchange student in Australia this year. The system here is high school starts in year 7 (the first form at Public School) and goes to year 12 (we don't use the word grade in high school).

So I'm in the 2nd form (year 8 in the comprehensives) and after this year, I have 4 more years before I do my A levels.

So what do you call someone in year 7 or 8 in the USA and Canada? Like if he's not in high school.

19. suburbs_of_sodom

Around where I'm from in the US we usually say that they're in middle school or junior high. But this can change depending on where you are in America. Sometimes 8th grade is considered part of high school, sometimes high school doesn't start until 10th grade, and sometimes 6th grade can be part of middle school.

It's all very confusing and is really just splitting hairs. But I guess that's what you get when you allow states to have that kind of autonomy...it's a wonder we didn't become a confederation...