1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An assortment

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JoeBloggs, Feb 13, 2008.

1. JoeBloggs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, this is kind of a "newbie" post, but moreso as just an assortment of topics.

First of all, I've been browsing the site for a few weeks, great site :thumbsup:

Secondly, since finding EC, everytime I see something relevant, I think "ooh this would be good to post on EC", but have never got round to making topics/posts.

So, here is my thought number one: I've just been checking my Hotmail inbox, and there's a banner at the top which I thought strange, but presuming the site's contents is what I think, it's a step in the right direction for global domination... er I mean, raising awareness...

The banner just said "It freaks me out that I quite fancy her but I quite fancy him too" - nothing else, and the website is fittingly itfreaksmeoutthatiquitefancyherbutiquitefancyhimtoo.com

I think there's quite a few other similar sites too, which vary in being the advertisement at the top of the Hotmail inbox page.

What do you think of it? (p.s. it kinda sounds like I'm promoting it - I'm not, mods feel free to remove the URL if necessary).

Thirdly, after reading many topics, there are quite a few character members - I especially like the humour of Inarut and pirateninja (I'm from the West Midlands too :eusa_danc)

I can't think of my "fourthly" now, but I'm sure I've rambled on enough already :lol:

2. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    welcome to the site Joe... nice to have another brit around... I think we're finally overtaking the Aussies.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Hi Joe, welcome to EC! I'm also West Midlands(ish). :slight_smile:

Regarding the idea of a banner advert on Hotmail, firstly it would cost a lot of money (which we don't have) and secondly it could encourage the wrong people to sign up and cause trouble. Advertising would need to be targeted where the right people will see it (which is why the Google advertising we do works well).

4. JoeBloggs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

Sorry Paul, I didn't mean about the idea of EC advertising on there :icon_redf

I meant that there was already advertising on there for a similar help site (and after some research, I think it's also a television programme) so I was just expressing how good it is that there's becoming more and more help sites for people, and on prime advertising locations :thumbsup:

Oh and by the way, my real name's not Joe (I needed a different username to my standard one [for anonymity purposes], so I used the generic Joe Bloggs).

I'm happy to be called Joe though :icon_wink

5. Alex89

Never! :icon_wink

Anyway, welcome!

I haven't seen any banners like that, but I know the ads are different for what country you're in - I just always get National Bank banner ads in hotmail. :confused: