1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay in the after life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gustav, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it was bugging me when my really Christian friend was saying how he doesn't care that i'm gay, only because he knows that in the afterlife i will be straight. I really didn't have anything to say to that. . .because maybe i will be straight in the afterlife, but even then, why would God make you gay in this life, if you were just to be straight in the after life?

why do you guys think. . .cause i really can't choose a side to believe? i do, though, lean on the side that i will be gay in the afterlife.

2. Alexander

ummm. well to quote a film: "Your church doesn't like alcohol or homosexuals. Well, then, I'm definitely not joining! I can't imagine heaven without both."

3. Jard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, from what I've heard from sources indirectly quoting the Bible (never read it myself), if you make it into heaven or whatever you'll be "cured" of your homosexuality and converted to heterosexuality. I may be completely wrong. I hope I am because I'm losing faith in any religion quite rapidly.

4. Brett

I don't see why you would be straight.......if a gay guy can get into heaven, then why would he have to change and have every one else stay the same??? It just doesn't seem right........besides, I thought that there wouldn't be lust in the afterlife anyways.

5. trumpetkid23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always thought that we didn't actually have our bodies in heaven, so we were neither male nor female. We are simply our souls, which have no gender. That way you can't be gay OR straight. Which sorta reaffirms why I don't think sexuality should matter on Earth. It's our souls that fall in love, thus the term "soulmates". That's just me though.

#5 trumpetkid23, Feb 13, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That is what I believe too.

7. lostinthought9

that's the first time i ever heard of that....lol...and i DONT believe that for a second...lol

8. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Of course, that assumes the existence of an afterlife...but I'm getting into dangerous territory, probably best to step away.

9. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    wow. . .deep. that does make a lot of sense though. I guess that really just solves that argument for me really.

10. Casey17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Best quote ever! awesome movie.

But anyway, I'm really not sure if we'll even have sexual preferences in the afterlife. Who can know? I guess I'll find out when I get there.