1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating Sites

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rakkaus, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Alright so I've been feeling lonely and desperate in my current situation...

I used to go on those iPhone apps we can't name but I would get like 10 people trying to chat with me at once so I'd chicken out and just run away. The only time I would respond was if I was drunk, and I've been really embarrassed when I went on the next day and saw what I had been saying the night before, so I'm not doing that again.

But now I joined this dating site which we also can't name...now instead of being able to just exit the app and have me disappear, I now have my profile online all the time and I'm afraid to even check my email to hear about people sending me messages or 'rating' me...how do people respond to things like this? Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? :confused:

2. santaberry

Most dating sites are all about sex these days. Which is strangely odd because there are sites dedicated to hooking up. Even that one website is for affairs. (Wtf?) Unless you're paying for the site then I feel like everyone's just going to turn it into a mockery. Some probably do even on the paying sites. Best advice I can give is to just ignore whatever makes you uncomfortable. Now as far as experience? I've been on those sites but I don't get the attention that I'm sure you're referring to. Some do have options though to appear offline. Try settings or something.

3. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Ya, that's exactly what I'm afraid of...why does it seem like everyone is only interested in emotionless sex these days? I'm not going to pay for a dating site, though at least it takes a bit more effort to participate in the one I'm than to just jump onto that iPhone hookup app with a picture and 1 line of text.

And I'm not sure how to respond when I got a bunch of different guys messaging me at once. I mean if this were at a bar, guys aren't going to walk over and start flirting with you all at once if you're already in deep conversation with someone. I can't like date like 5 guys at once, but I have a hard time letting people down when they're being so nice...I'm afraid to log back on though now people are thinking I'm rude for not responding...ugh, this was probably a bad idea....:confused:

4. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ******* is good.

hmm it is censoring me. Are we not even allowed to mention certain sites?

It works if i put a space in.

Apparently that's breaking the rules, since when?

Google search for a dating site started by two harvard mathematicians called Chris and Christian after their site TheSpark shut down. It's very good.

#4 Pseudojim, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Thanks, I think that is the one I'm on, it seems like a good one. But this whole online dating phenomenon is still rather new and confusing to me. Has anyone ever had any success with this sort of thing?

6. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, me!

7. if its good why did the other site shut down lol? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

to OP make general convosation. it wont hurt you to just talk to people. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    but the chances of finding even a friend/someone you can hold a convo with is pretty slim. most people ARE wanting sex/hook ups so its a pretty limited thing.

8. Skyline

I say you're seriously lucky if you get people messaging you on these sites. I've been on one for awhile about people just don't pay much attention to me, even when I message them. I guess I'm not that ideal of a date?
    I don't even mention my cross dressing... I just have a regular guy's profile as far as I can tell. Maybe I should mention my cross dressing... Maybe that will make me interesting enough XD
    Sorry, this is more just my own personal rant than it is me helping out.

If you want my advice; brave up a bit. It's not like you have to meet any of these people when they contact you. It's all up to you, so just see what they have to say!