1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your thoughts on long distance relationships?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Monmon, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Monmon

Monmon Guest

I know it works, but the chances are very little. Mainly, it is very easy for the other party to cheat, and knowing gay guys, they are prone to cheating (I so wish this is just a misconception). Whether it's someone from Russia, or just from another city, I think it's very hard if you can't see what they're doing. I can't help but wonder what he is up to. I don't know, I've never been to a serious relationship before. But just in case if I get into one, what kind of assurance do I have that he won't be cheating, aside from trust? What if he gets bored with me and finds someone else? What if he gets annoyed if we texted too much? I am so confused, maybe it is better if I meet with a guy first than getting into a relationship.

2. Neutrality

I don't think I could handle along distance relationship...I need to feel an emotional closeness to be aroused by someone else...and I just can't get that unless I can look into their eyes =)

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

4. Monmon

Monmon Guest

Well, you could look into their eyes on a high quality webcam you know.

5. Neutrality

It's just not the same, not the same as being in their arms, and stareing into someone I love's eyes...I I mean I'm sure I sound crazy to alot of people but, when I look deep into someone's eyes it's like I can see who they are the the very core of their person...almost like I feel their soul and that's what makes my heart skip a beat...I just need that closeness...

If you want a more practical and less poetic reason then I do alot of family stuff, and I would want a lover who can be a part of that.

6. rday13

rday13 Guest

Well, I thought I'd address your points about long distance relationships, particularly the two that stood out to me. For one, it is easy for just about anyone to cheat. Long distance, or even if you dated someone next door. Cheating is often blamed on external influences, such as alcohol and stimulants. Granted, if you believe that long distance makes one more prone to cheating, it will lead to you seeking closer relationships.

That's perfectly fine, as long distance relationships aren't easy and requires a lot of communication between partners. Yes, your partner is going to be frustrated, upset, happy, elated, joyful, sorrowful. You may not always witness these emotions, but despite the distance, long distance relationships are no different - it's two people who have committed themselves to each other for however long. Of course you will wonder what your partner is up to, and what he's doing. Keeping in touch will help alleviate some of that wondering and worrying. But no matter what you do, trust is just as important long-distance as it is in person.

We're all human and prone to lapses in judgment. It's an individual decision when it comes to how much you're willing to give and take in terms of relationships. Good luck :slight_smile:

7. timo

I don't think I could do it. The furthest away I'd go would be about 30 minutes by car. I want to be able to phisically be with him, to be able to hang out together without having to travel super far.

Even if he'd live two blocks away you wouldn't know what he was doing all the time, unless you'd be checking on him all the time. But that would be a very unhealthy relationship.

8. Brenny

I don't know that I could do a long distance relationship. But if we were commited and I knew I would get to see him sometimes and we would be close together again soon, I would be willing to live with that. Living far apart for years though, that is difficult and takes a lot of sacrifice.

Cheating is possible in any situation, and in a long distance relationship, I would be a little concerned, I am sure. I think if two people are really honestly commited though, cheating is very unlikely. It all comes down to love and trust and the ability to look beyond the present and immediate future.

9. prism

Personally, it wouldn't work for me. I would like to think that if I was madly in love with a girl, I would find a way to stay near her.

However, I have seen long distance relationships work! It depends on the couple, gay or straight.

10. one of prob the very few who prefer long distance as i get to have my own space and time away from a relationship lol rather than being caught up in it 24/7.

i hate seeing someone 24/7 i need my own space or i go mad lol. ive had relationships sorta like 1 month thingys and they have been near and it just didnt work out. they were too clingy wanting to see me 24/7. the closer they were to me the harder it was for them to leave lol e.t.c.

then i dated long distance for a year and we saw each other a few times a month, depending on each others schedules. it works if you want it too.