1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk about pain.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PurpleCrab, Nov 22, 2012.

?

Which type of physical pain was the very worst you ever lived?

1. A tearing pain.

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. A pressure pain.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A crushing pain.

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. A burning (hot or cold) pain.

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  5. A swelling pain.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. A breaking (as in, break-a-bone) pain.

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  7. A suffocating pain.

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  8. A cutting pain.

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. A hitting/punching/falling pain.

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  10. A nevralgic (as in disease) pain.

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  11. A healing (as in, your nerves come back to life) pain.

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  12. A nauseous/dizzy pain.

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  13. An exhaustion pain.

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  14. A combinaision of 2 or more from the above

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  15. Some other sort of physical pain.

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. PurpleCrab

Resent (most unpleasant) experience has me wonder how other people live pain, and more exactly, of which nature was the worst pain you ever lived?

I've put as many examples as I could think of...

#1 PurpleCrab, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  2. IllusiveRannoch

worst physical pain, for me, would be one time when i had been in a specific posture for a couple days, barely moving at all. crunched w/ laying on side trying to push myself up. needless to say it felt as though my muscles had locked, my eyes were stinging, my neck stiff barely able to turn & look around, hurt to breathe since my diaphragm was compressed for so long, painful to just get up, or even eat.

3. Bree

A sprain. I've had deep cuts, road rash, broken bones, migraine headaches, but the worst pure physical pain I've ever experienced came from a sprained ankle that only required a few days on crutches. It had me screaming. It's funny how your body interprets things.

4. Definitely gallstones. The best way I can describe it is as a combination of the worst nausea I've ever felt, and a bloated feeling (like gas pain times ten) that made it feel like my stomach was ready to explode. During my third attack, the pain was so bad I had trouble breathing and started breaking out in a sweat. I've heard people compare having gallstones to going through labour.

5. Zach

I so agree with Gallstones. I had them so bad that it triggered a Pancreatitis attack a couple of times. The single most painful thing I ever had in my life. I ended up having my gall bladder removed. That ended my problems with gallstones.

6. Aquilo

Chronic pain which doesn't seem to end.

7. PurpleCrab

Haha I agree with the sprain. I've had all of the above as well but the wrist sprain I had just topped everything else I lived before.
    It was also worse than healing from a C-Section, which felt like I had a morning star in my belly hitting really hard downwards each time I moved.

But what I'm going through nowadays is easily 10 to 20 times worse than a strain when at its worse and they are still trying to diagnose me, some sort of illness of the spine/nerves, that is. At this point I've really forgotten what not hurting feels like.

8. Kidd

Kidd Guest

When I was in high school I had both of my Achilles tendons lengthened, which required surgery. I have two identical approximately six inch or so scars running up both of my calves. It was outpatient, and to get out of the bed to leave, I had to take a single step to drop into the wheelchair. That one step was without a doubt the most intense pain I've ever felt in my entire life. I literally almost puked/blacked out in the elevator afterwards because it was so intense. I was in a cold sweat from it. Like, you know that scene in the first Hostel when that guy gets his ankles slashed from underneath the chair or whatever, he gets up, tries to walk and his ankles pivot forward like 90 degrees. I lived that moment.

#8 Kidd, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
  9. TheDifferent13

For me I guess it was when I was a kid, I was flapping my arms around in the kitchen and knocked over a coffe pot full of boiling water, spilling it all over my back. I don't remember much of it anymore, but I had to be given a local anesthesia to ease the pain until they treated the burned skin.

10. Hexagon

Burning. I've had other types of pain before, but that was definitely the worst. About two and a half years ago, I received a very bad burn on my hand (still scarred now). The worst part was that it got worse as time went by, as opposed to diminishing, as other forms of pain that I've experienced.

11. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I've been lucky in that I've never experienced any serious injury. For me the worst has been a tearing pain. There's the immediate pain, of course, but then there's also this lingering sick feeling of something breaking that's just plain disturbing to me.

12. FollowtheFreeman

I've been lucky that I haven't suffered from any major injuries. The worst pain that I have ever experienced is from one of my constant migraines. I get four to six every year and they are always the same. Nausea, dizziness, fatigue, cold sweat, fever, etc... Thankfully they only last a day or two so I can't complain.

13. caramba2654

I think the worst pain I've ever felt was a growing one. I was little and my molars were finally appearing. But they were so quick that my poor gums didn't have time to adjust. And that hurt a lot.

Also, I'm surprised I haven't seen a "kick in the balls" one. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Isabelle

The worst pain I ever felt was when I broke my ankle last year witch needed surgery to fix

15. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exhaustion pain. The illness I have means that I suffer serious fatigue, sometimes to the point of collapse, and it's bloody awful.

16. redstormrising

root canal without being properly numbed. i could feel the dentist filing until the root was completely out. by the end i was sweaty and shaky. i don't even know how to describe it, it's just a white-hot horrible pain. and i have a very high tolerance for pain.

17. HatterMad

I'd say a lot more if this were anon.
    I've had broken bones and been beaten up and been cut and burnt adn in a wreck.

the worst kind of pain is the one that breaks your heart and bruises your soul while the body is being damaged.

18. Fiddledeedee

I don't know. My period cramps can make me vomit in pain along with my vision clouding and everything sounding distant. Then there's the time I walked a mile a few months ago, and I was hardly able to stand for the rest of the day as well as crying for an hour because my legs hurt. I also went to A&E when I was about nine because I had had a concussion and gotten a tooth lodged inside my lip after a bike accident, but I don't think that was as painful as one might expect. Thankfully, I've never been burned beyond a brief touch of a hot pan.

19. aeva

I have a bunch of medical issues, so I don't even remember the last time I WASN'T in pain. Here are my most common ones: cramps so bad that my legs become immobile, migraines that last for days, intestines that explode at random, broken toes/broken fingers, sprained each ankle 4 times, 2nd degree burns on one hand (the tops of all 4 fingers) from putting my hand on the stove, and a ton of little ones on my arms from glue guns and tons of dog & cat bites/scratches (I'm a vet tech).

But the absolute worst? Gonna have to get a little graphic here- I have a vaginal skin condition called Lichen Sclerosus that makes the skin in that area extremely prone to tearing/blistering. It's much worse during 'break outs', but even sitting down in jeans the wrong way can split the skin. When I slept with guys, sex was often so painful that I would start crying. Going to the bathroom during a break out usually involves disturbing amounts of blood, and peeing is so painful that I sometimes cry or even scream. Most women don't seem to develop it til after menopause. I was 7...lucky me!

And my friends still wonder why getting tattoos is nothing to me...

20. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The worst I've been is exhaustion pain. I've almost passed out quite a few times in choir from it.

Honestly that was worse than my cutting pain.