1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for transsexuals

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SohoDreamer, Nov 23, 2012.

1. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Do any MtF's identify as being quite masculine? And do any FtM's identify as being quite feminine?

I just find it quite interesting that MtF's normally seem to be feminine, and vice versa. I mean, there are plenty of feminine guys and masculine women who are still certain they are the sex they were born with, so I was curious. I am quite ignorant though, I'm just basing this query on observations I've made. I've never actually met a transsexual, so I could be quite misinformed. Anyway, just interested to know.

2. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you let me answer even when I'm not transitioned yet, because right now I'm too masculine.

I am certain that no amount of surgery or any procedure can correct that. I mean, when I'm ready to transition, I know that it will be limited to made me look more femine, but even after I'll still look noticeably masculine.

Actually, that's one of the things that I still have to deal with before I decide to transition.

3. Skyline

With what I learned in my own research, I would assume that the whole point in changing from MtF and FtM is to make your outer self match your inner self. Wouldn't that make most MtF feminine and most FtM masculine?
    This is all just my own speculation as well.

4. J Snow

I have lots of trans friends, and I don't think many or any of them act like stereotypical women/men. Like all of the trans women I know are into nerdy things like video games, web comics, pen and paper role playing, and stuff of that nature.

Gender identity and gender expression are two different entities. You can be a woman and still do stereotypically male activities or vice versa.

5. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is done to match up the outer-self with the inner-self, but whilst I identify strongly with being a woman, I'm somewhat masculine. I'm a tomboy, but I still feel pretty feminine. I don't really know any others like this, but I'm sure I'm not the only MtF who is somewhat masculine at times.

There's also the possibility that some transpeople act purposefully more masculine or feminine to further the chances of passing. With being limited in social circles for all our lives, it can be quite strange to suddenly be able to act however we feel and I, too, have acted more feminine than I actually am at times simply because I could. I just tend to be myself now that the "novelty" has worn off and I feel more relaxed than when I did force the femininity thing. Now I'm just the tomboy I was always meant to be and I couldn't be happier... although this is all just with the friends I've come out to. I still haven't actually transitioned, but I don't think that changes anything in my answer.

This is just my personal experience with it. I'm not saying that every transsexual forces it, but I certainly did for a week or so.

6. Monmon

Monmon Guest

I've never met a transexual too, but I've seen them in movies, and I couldn't tell they used be a man. Usually it's the deep voice that gives a way, but there are males who already have female voices, so yea.

7. I can't speak for other trans people, but I don't find the "matching the outer-self with the inner-self" explanation entirely accurate for myself. I don't feel like a male (how do you feel male anyway?), I AM a male. It's more about making my body match my brain's perception of how I should have been born; my body is wrong, plain and simple. Having a male brain does not mean enjoying stereotypically male activities, because gender roles and the ways in which gender can be expressed are social constructs. I don't see why trans people should be held to different standards than those who are cis. As for whether I personally identify as masculine or feminine, I identify as neither. I like stereotypically masculine and feminine things, but I don't feel the need to label myself.

8. Deaf Not Blind

I read online from sites telling us to try to act male to pass...ideas are to be rude, crude, and vulgar.

Um, I don't want to act anymore...that was kinda the point?? Hello?

So, I was told by some I was too much of a tomboy for any guy to like, back when I was doing my best to be all the LADY I could be. Yet even today I got asked for my number and told I was pretty by some guy. It really makes me have a lot of problems when that happens. By the way, I just signed back, Thank you, Same! :slight_smile:

Fact is, I feel like a straight normal~ish guy, but I do find a couple slightly gay men attractive, even though I really prefer women. I see my signing, and without hormones yet, I move sometimes like a boy.

Yet, I am sure I am a hint feminine. Why? Well, environment. I was raised around almost entirely women in my family. Any boy will pick up habits and traits and things he likes from what he is exposed to all his life. So stuff culturally in America today we call feminine, I am sure I will qualify for some.

Yeah, I am sure I am masculine. But at same time, I don't feel I need to pass so badly that I gotta act hyper-masculine, be GI Joe or John Wayne or anything. I am just me, D. And since my own granddad was not a fake, emotionless, TV/movie-obeying macho man...I feel confidence in my manhood without even looking like one. I don't plan to ever wear a dress again, but just so ya know, if I did, I will still be a man in a dress.

PS...I know a MTF who is a tomboy! :wink:

9. PurpleCrab

I am a transman and I am quite proud of my feminine sides. They keep balance in my life.

Like for example, I got long hair (lots of people qualify that feminine!), I am quite talented at communicating and expression, I am in touch with my emotions, I am a most excellent cook, I love kids, I am the spiritual type who meditates and I know nothing about cars.

Good thing I do have those feminine sides otherwise I'd be quite the jock!

But this is my real personality, no acting, no pushing, nothing. Just me. So as much as I am being myself I am certain that lots of transsexuals do the same; somebody above me said why, that's because you transition when you're through with acting.

10. smprob

For me, I may sound too masculine for how people are to identify me now. As I don't do anymore feminine acting now to fit into the female community. But after I start to transition I guess I'd still be a bit feminine as to the society.

I always seemed to have had crushes on men with long hair :grin: and I love mine a bit long too, at least until I get really really lazy for it. And though now I don't wear any jeweleries, I like some types and beautiful things, even they may be or may not be for myself. Like that there may be a lot more.

If anyone recognize them as feminine traits, it's great, bc those would be what I truly like and am. And I'd rather be myself, whatever label it will be given, than starting another acting phase to fit into a some another frame when I've finally become comfortable with not acting what I'm not, a cis-gender. I wonder how many things, in this world, do actually fit into black and white.