1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Story: Gay teen killed in CA Jr. High

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Feb 14, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  2. BabyBoy

Oh my Jesus. Sexuality DEFINATELY should be taught in schools. But, with that being said, it'd be like teaching religion in a non-religious school, which would cause some type of big ass issue with asshole parents who feel like if they want to teach their kids to be closed-minded assholes, they have that right and the school shouldn't go against that. I KNOW that's what would happen, because people REFUSE to accept change for whatever reason. I hope that after Obama/Hilary win (I'm almost posotive one of them will), that the President after them is a black female lesbian. THAT would be a change in the history books.

3. sdc91

[​IMG]

4. sexyalex

Becky...

do u see what the classmate said in algebra? the suspect is a smart and quiet guy and isn't that type of person. anytime shit like this happens everyone starts to say pharz about what type of person the defendant is when really he had no right to. HE WAS A HUMAN. i don't agree he should be triled as an adult however he should be kept in juvi until he is 18 then be brought to a fair trial as an adult.

what is the world comming to :dry: and just to think when people threaten to kill me at school it was just a joke. no; this is serious....how did the boy get on campus with a gun anyways? parents should be held risponsible as well as the school for not securing safty of the child while on campus.
    i mean idk if i am being a bit extreme but that's my view on this. and yes sexuality should be tought in schools. what else do they teach in guildance class if not sexuality?

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah, I agree Alex the person that did this is a victim too. I don't believe in the death penalty. I think death is freedom. Maybe proper punishment for this kid would be to do community service at a GLBT community center.

6. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Give the little fucker the needle!!!:***: :tantrum:

7. sexyalex

GLBT??:confused2:

8. Jim1454

Just tragic and unnecessary...

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    GLBT = Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender

10. Temujin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nah...convict and send him to an adult prison. I'm sure everyone there would love to have a fellow 15 year old inmate.

11. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I believe in the death penalty and think that it should be enforced as it is written in states' laws.

12. STK

STK Guest

I understand being uncomfortable about his cross-dressing but this crime is atrocious. Plus, the publicity this gets will give some the impression that ALL gays act like this. I would just have given the kid a talking to about how he shouldn't be flamboyant just because he's gay. The poor guy probably was uncomfortable about himself being gay so he thought he should dress like a girl. And look where it landed him.

13. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i don't believe in the death penalty, (it's murder, imho), and also he should be charged as child because at 14 you can't have full adult responsibilites. that said, this is so sad :tears: to think that people will really still kill each other in this day and age for a simple difference in sexual behaviour... even if you think it's wrong or harmful or whatever, the least you can do is NOT FUCKING KILL THEM. :tears: :tears:

14. Yeah I agree with becky about the death penalty. I am so shocked that someone so young could take such a drastic action.

15. acorn7

My opinion too. 50 years or life in prison? He did a horrible thing, but what's the point of life in prison? The whole thing is so sad.

16. Choucho

How does this happen?
    What makes a 14 year old kid think he has the right to kill someone because of how they act or who they are attracted to?
    This world is a sick place.
    Are this kid's parent's proud of him? What could have possibly gone through that 14 year old's mind to make him decide "This person does not deserve to live."
    Sexuality of the victim aside, I don't want the defendant to get the death penalty. It wouldn't solve anything. But I do think that going to jail would not be too much.
    He has to learn what he did was not right. Killing is an adult offense. Especially when it's out of blind hatred.

17. divadarya

Wow....
    I'm very aware of my own internalized Trans and Homophobia, which makes me somehow justify and/or minimize the bigotry of those who practice it. I understand what you are saying, but the kid liked high-heeled boots and makeup;perfectly cool for a girl but OMIGOD NO!! for a boy...We are so sadly conditioned to run from these dumbasses(not without reason, obviously) that we want those of us who have a different gender expression to "cool it" so we fit in, at least more or less....
    He was 14. He may have been Gay, or Trans or Genderqueer; our sexualities are green and new at that point and deserve the chance to grow their own way.
    I guarantee one thing about his killer, he was:
    *Afraid he was gay,and/or
    *Attracted to the kid, and/or
    *Needed to prove to other kids that he wasn't gay
    A complete tragedy. Ilive just south of where this happened. Oxnard is a beautiful plain where Strawberries grow and middle class families can afford to buy decent homes.It's heavily Hispanic and has been for generations; I find the people there courtly and decent.
    how very sad...

#17 divadarya, Feb 14, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  18. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Darya, I wonder too if this kid came from a very religious family. Maybe he thought God ordered him to do it or something. Who knows? I'm sure more of the story will reveal itself in the next few days.

I would never agree that a kid should "conform" to make his peers feel more comfortable.

19. Alex89

That's horrible. I think my opinion has already been stated by everyone who's posted above^

However, I strongly disagree with the death penalty, as I do not believe it is up to humans to decide what fellow humans should live and die.

20. Wired106

Omg that's insane. Why would that kid be that mad that a kid is gay... But anyways, I don't believe in the death penalty either.