1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Procrastination Station

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gen, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Gen

Gen

Anyone else feel like they never have time to do anything, yet never seem to get anything done?!?!

Its like, I dont even know what is happening anymore. I feel like everyday I wake up, eat breakfast, take a shower, then my life is on sudden time-lapse til midnight. I'll admit I have quite a bit going on, but its never been this extreme. I guess I'm not actually asking for advice, I know I just need a bit more order and planning in my life at this point.

But is anyone else feeling like their days have been missing a few hours lately, goodness ~_~.

2. theMaverick

Me. Right now I should be writing. But instead i'm on EC. Can't seem to bring myself to write right now.

3. Ticklish Fish

I should be studying chemistry... but I just find this online web series and beating this boss at the same time

4. Monmon

Monmon Guest

Why don't you take up a hobby, or start a project.

5. Gen

Gen

Oh no, thats the point lol. I have far too many hobbies and projects that I need to do lol. I just need more of a plan/schedule which I am working on as we speak so I guess that is improvement lol.

I know exactly how you feel. You really have to be in a certain mindset to produce good work. Luckily, I have finished what I previous planned to accomplish by now as far as my currect project. I have around a year and a half to finish the writing and revisions before the time I promised myself. But still I definitely miss the free time to just immerse myself in it.

6. KarnKahlo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am going through this right now. My day just flies by and I just waste my time! Even though I have three essays due this week. I can't seem to get anything done.

7. Chimera

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup. School, work, eat, sleep, errands... procrastinating on EC :/

It doesn't help that the sun sets around 4:30pm, so the day literally feels shorter.

8. Linthras

Linthras Guest

It's the reason I failed the dead-line for my Bachelor thesis for the second time.
    I have severe case of procastrination, going to have a talk with study councelor next monday. Hopefully she can help plan and maybe gives some tips.

9. Aquilo

I absolutely hate this.. I can do nothing days long just to avoid doing something I have to do : (

The only thing which seems to help for me is making a detailed time schedule for the day with all activities on it (like breakfast and such). It's really the starting up with something that's hard :/

10. Gen

Gen

Right. I'm always the most busy and least productive in winter.

And I am procrastinating on what I have to do today as we speak. I should probably get on it now ~_~

11. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sometimes I get sneaky and play one procrastination against another (tedious paperwork vs sink of dirty dishes, enjoying that I'm NOT doing one while doing the other), has worked a few times. I still need to figure out the root cause and work on that tho...

12. Ticklish Fish

it's weird, i would choose dishes because i can do them fast and easy :grin:

13. Average Joe

I'm browsing EC instead of finishing up an assigment that was supposed to be finished last monday... So yeah, I know what you mean. I often trick myself into thinking that the lesser time I leave myself to do something, the faster I will do it. But it just doesn't wanna work that way...

14. ameliawesome

story of my life.

15. Colours

Me. I'm always procrastinating. I always have so much to do, and it's like this: the more I have to do, and the more time I have for those things, the I more likely I am to procrastinate. And I hate myself for it.

I always have so much time, but I use it really inefficiently. I feel that it even though it might take some more effort to put my time to use efficiently, it will make me feel so much better and have much more time for my hobbies and friends.

I always say to myself 'No I shouldn't do this or that', and mostly I don't, but end up sitting around, sort of halfly doing something that doesn't matter. In other words, wasting time. It sucks.

16. MrHojalata98

I've been trying to work on a story I'm writing all week long... Too many things get in the way though, it's very frustrating T.T

17. Caudex

Caudex Guest

In my experience, if you promise yourself you'll just do it for five minutes, then you'll get it done. I always think, "Oh, I don't really want to start that math assignment," but by the time I get everything out and have worked on it for five minutes, I want to finish.

18. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Procrastinating on my music analysis portfolio, which is in for early December. *sigh* I've almost finished 2 of them but haven't even started the last one yet. Oh dear.

19. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes! I've got a TON of writing I need to do for a new certification I'm pursuing...and I stare at a blank computer screen most days. The thing is...I like to write. I especially like to write for academic purposes...and I'm procrastinating in the worst way with this. I need someone to hold me accountable...lol.