1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being gay is just a phase

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Monmon, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Monmon

Monmon Guest

Homosexuality can be cured, being gay is just a phase, all a gay boy needs is just to meet the right girl for him.

Andrew from Desperate Housewives s 8 ep 18, became straight in that episode and had a female fiance, and introduced her to his mom. Lol! As we all know from the first season, Andrew is gay. Can you believe it? Is that even possible?

I just recently watched this episode, but it's old, so I don't know if this has already been discussed.

2. Neutrality

Well...I don't think it's possible to change your orientation...but Personally I came out as gay and only dated guys for like 3 years until I got over the emotional problems and trust issues I had with women...which in all honesty I've always liked both..even when I was young I would crush on both , I just couldn't see myself with a woman because of emotional abuse by my mom...once I got over that I was like.." Oh yea...I like that flavor too."...But! Anyways!...The more likely answer seems that it was just shitty writing =P...though I've never seen the show so I can't say for sure =P

3. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    having a pulse is just a phase too...

4. Ticklish Fish

from the show's wiki

EDIT: DONT CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCH IT AND INTENDED TO :grin:

It is revealed that Andrew moved off the Lane due to rent-problems. Andrew shows up with his new future-spouse and Bree is very excited to meet him, she is very shocked to discover that she is a woman, named Mary Beth. She wonders what has happened to Andrew as she has grown accustome to him being gay. He tells her that he believes that Mary Beth is the right girl. Bree soon learns that the girl is rich as her father owns a custard company that she is the face of. Bree then thinks that Andrew is marrying her for her money. Bree throws Andrew an engagement party and invites all of his gay friends, it is an awkward situation. Mary Beth reveals to Bree that she knows Andrew is gay, but she is marrying him for his companionship, Bree tells her that she can do better with her life and she leaves. Andrew is angry with his mother as Mary Beth would have sorted out all of his financial problems. Bree says that she could have too but he tells her that he is ashamed to always go crying to his mother, she sorts out his money trouble and he continues to lead a homosexual lifestyle. ("Any Moment")

#4 Ticklish Fish, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  5. Monmon

Monmon Guest

So seems like there's still a few people who haven't seen that it. It's a really feroc episode, it's one of my fave in season 8. I want to dish but I don't wanna spoil it.

6. Ticklish Fish

I actually stopped watching desperate housewives...

Andrew wasn't being a phase with the woman.. he was kind of "going straight" for the money she has...

7. Monmon

Monmon Guest

The show ended, so I could imagine you already stopped. How do you make a post as a spoiler?

I love the little party Bree throws for him. There were tons of guys in blazers, scarfs, and vests. I also like it when his friend said "hey girl" and thought his fiance was his hag, lol! I like Bryan with a y.

#7 Monmon, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
  8. FollowtheFreeman

Well, that was easily the most pessimistic/depressing thing that I've read all day.

Bravo :eusa_clap

9. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

No. Its not a phase. Totally, completely, absolutely, positive that I'm me.

10. Ashton

Does that make living a phase?

11. aeva

Here's how I look at it (and I know several other people that do too)

As of right now, I am exclusively into women. I'm out to everybody as gay, date girls, sleep with girls, etc...and I have no interest in doing the same with a guy. But if I happened to meet a person that was my "soul mate", the love of my life, the one that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with...I wouldn't write that off because that person was a guy. I think the likelihood of that happening is insanely slim...but I suppose it's possible. I know plenty of people that have "gone gay" for one single person, so why couldn't it happen in reverse?

12. LiquidSwords

That's what I managed to convince myself for years! Not true though...

13. Deaf Not Blind

Yes you are in a gay phase, so enjoy it because it could end and all of this will go away. You don't really like rainbows do you?

---------- Post added 24th Nov 2012 at 07:23 PM ----------

You are brilliant.

---------- Post added 24th Nov 2012 at 07:25 PM ----------

But you told chocolate you loved it! I heard you! Now you going to girls?? Why!?!?! Change baaaaccckkk!!

14. Pyrotactick

...Well, he could have just thought he was gay, then realize "Oh, I kinda like women too!" and then became bi. Sometimes you just don't know until you discover yourself more.

15. Ticklish Fish

if you're referring to Andrew from desperate housewives... you can look at my spoiler tag XD

16. Ridiculous

Katherine Mayfair magically stopped being attracted to women!

17. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Well this is a relief to find out, now someone just has to tell me when it's going to end.

18. Monmon

Monmon Guest

It will end once you find the right woman for you. Being gay is just a time where you are discovering, when you find a woman who can understand you, and she's an heiress, you would realize who God intended you to be with and know you're straight. According to the show anyway.

19. Motov

I am living proof that being gay is something you are born with.
    I once believed that being gay was just wrong, I grew up in that era where it was believed to be a disease, or a defect, or as the bible-bangers say an abomination.
    I tried to "Fake it until I make it", "Blab it grab it", "profess and possess", but the fact is I am turned on by men, and I'm turned off by women in a sexual sense, I love women, but I cannot have intimate relationships with them. I fought this thing inside me until I hit 30.
    I was abusing alcohol to deal with this "demon" that would not go away.
    Then I accepted that fact I rather be with a man, the internal war ended, My substance abuse ended, My life that was falling apart started going on the right path, and a great deal of weight was lifted off of me,

As for gays who become str8, I think it can happen, my hope is they are following what is inside of them, doing it because society says to do it will not work.

20. Deaf Not Blind

5:00PM EST, on the day you mix OJ into your chocolate puffs cereal by mistake. It will wake you up. Good morning!

---------- Post added 25th Nov 2012 at 02:40 AM ----------

:thumbsup: