1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things You Accomplished Recently

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tetraquark, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

In order to try to counter my most recent bout of self-hatred and anxiety, I started making a list of things I got done over break:

• I finished one physics assignment and got 90% of another one done.
    • I cleaned my desk, sorted my graded assignments, and tracked down all of the checks I keep forgetting to deposit.
    • I called my grandma (although I still didn't come out to her in spite of planning to).
    • I finally got up the courage to message someone on a dating site. (I don't care if the conversation goes anywhere -- I'm so afraid of initiating conversations that even this is pretty impressive for me.)
    Has anyone else done anything recently that they're proud of or are otherwise happy to have accomplished?

2. Brenny

Well I just made the gayest Hydrology display project ever with my partner. Complete with clouds, stars, and oodles of glitter. All for a college assignment.

3. SkyDiver

-Got an $800 scholarship :slight_smile:
    -Got 94% on one of the hardest Chem tests of the year
    -Have successfully gotten over my two biggest crushes while STILL having regular conversations with BOTH of them (and both of them know that I've liked them!)

4. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Managed to maintain my 3.8 GPA through Fall trimester, and made the dean's list for the fourth straight term.

Pretty pumped.

5. ameliawesome

i made my first ever apple pie for thanksgiving and everyone pretty much inhaled it. and then demanded that next year i make two, and also i should make it for christmas.

i cleaned my vanity table in my bedroom and made a nice spot for my sewing machine (but the rest of my bedroom is a disaster, haha).

6. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

Applied to 2 colleges so far (1 EA and 1 ED). Already got accepted to the EA one with a really big scholarship, just waiting on the ED one which won't come out for 20 more days.

Also, cleaned out my room a little while ago. I had boxes in my closet from when we moved 3 years ago that I had just left there.

I guess you could say that I'm starting to empty my closet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    -I've begun work on a National Teaching Certification.
    -I survived Thanksgiving with my less than functional family relatively unscathed.
    -I've come here and started talking about some of this with other people...albeit virtually...but still...
    -I made my first ever pie for Thanksgiving...and it was a HIT! :slight_smile:

8. Colours

Things I've accomplished/done past week:

- Finally cleaned my room
    - Talked about (possible) new crushes/dates with my best friend / ex, and since that our friendship seems like way more of a genuine friendship.
    - Got all of my results from the last exam week, and only have to resit 2 of them (0 would've been better, but trying to be positive about it here)
    - Picked up a habit of drinking not much else than water throughout the day (except for my morning coffee, and only drink other stuff when I've had enough water that day)
    - Finally cancelled my gym contract, which is a good thing because I need the money.
    - Set up a date with a girl for next weekend.
    - Finally got around to selling some of my old school books :slight_smile:

Well, that's longer of a list than I thought it would be. I should make a habit of making a list like this every now and then.

9. Fire2free

Fire2free Guest

I got told that " your my best friend and I love you" by my nephew this morning

10. LightningRider

• Learned a new song on bass
    • Started writing again after having some serious writers block
    • Started drawing again

11. Aielar

- got 100% on a paper I wrote for class a while ago
    - got the highest mark on a test in my class a week ago
    - working on finishing nanowrimo
    - getting my debt down and saving more money
    - spending less money on things I don't need
    - working on time management skills
    - cleaned my house this week
    - made new friends (ongoing process of the past two months)
    - made an appointment for a free counsellor on campus to work on some stuff
    - most importantly, I made the choice to choose my own career path and I'm in love with the job I'm training for :grin:

Wow...I've been busy XD

12. DanD

Finished chapter fifteen of my current novel (just over 28,000 words so far).

Won a snooker match against my brother, although my little niece kept running up to the table and hugging my leg when I was trying to take a shot :icon_bigg

Purchased a freezer for my apartment for £8 = bargain! So now I can buy lots of frozen veggies.

Purchased a moped, It's a little scary to ride, and the speedometer doesn't work; but it's ok.

Not a great list, but there it is :icon_wink

13. FJ Cruiser

- I got a renewal from a scholarship I didn't know was renewable.
    - I made all A's on my second round of midterms. Now onto the third and final round, then finals...
    - I was able to forgive my brother after we had our first fist fight ever.
    - I did three weeks' worth of laundry without losing a single sock. My subsequent post about it on Facebook got 35 likes, which made me feel well-liked for the first time in a long time.

14. i accomplished thinking about accomplishing the many things on my list of things to accomplish...... :lol:

15. FollowtheFreeman

I defeated Lady Benezia and released the Queen Rachni on Noveria this morning. What did you do today?

16. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I've ran 3 miles a day everyday since the day before Thanksgiving, in 30 degree temperatures. I have to say that my legs look pretty fucking awesome in a pair of running tights. Pretty sure I could give a few girls a run for their money. I'm built like a 7 year old Japanese boy.

17. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I had breakfast this afternoon.

18. TallButShort

TallButShort Guest

Things I accomplished recently is:

1) I accepted myself fully for being gay
    2) Finally managed to lose some weight and started exercising again.
    3) Got distinctions in all my subjects so far. (I hope)
    4) And bought myself a motorcycle :slight_smile:

#18 TallButShort, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  19. Adelaida

This thread is an awesome idea!

Things I've accomplished recently:
    1) Graduated with my Master's!
    2) Kicked ass on my licensing exam!
    3) Came out for the very first time to a real-life person
    4) Made it through Thanksgiving with my family WITHOUT stabbing myself in the eye with the pie-cutter

20. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Finished grading 2 exams and writing a lecture for Monday *whew!!*
    Finally replaced our old shower curtain and bath mat...and in the process did some very successful clothes shopping as well *smile*.
    Shared some deeply personal writing with my parents that I thought I might never get a chance to share with them.

Heh...suddenly my Thanksgiving break doesn't sound like such an unproductive time! Thank you, OP!!