1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your outlandish dream?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IanGallagher, Nov 26, 2012.

1. IanGallagher

Something that you wish to happen, but probably/sadly never ever will...

Mine would be that when I put out my films for the whole to see that my Mom and Dad are somewhere out there in the audience and maybe they'll hear me and come back to me. So I can know what it feels like to belong and fit in and just be normal like everyone else who gets to talk to their parents. I guess that's the age old dream lol. The 'August Rush' kind of dream that a lot of us orphans have... our parents hearing us and coming back...

2. Bree

I want to be a singer or an actor. I want people to know who I am. I love being the centre of attention, and I love both of these careers. Singing makes me feel whole in a way nothing else does, and acting is exciting and involving. I'm so scared to even voice these dreams that they'll likely never come true.

3. IanGallagher

I'd say with the right willpower those can. I'm a writer. I come from small town suburbia. I landed one internship and that set me up for life. Now I'm stationed at one of the top five film studios with one of the children of that studio's president as one of my mentors. Seemingly impossible. But, as someone 'in' the hollywood system? If you truly go after it and give it your all - you can make it. :icon_wink

4. Thandrami

Mine is: I want to be able to play the violin as well as Lindsey Stirling and then one day play a song with her <3

5. Bree

I'm currently trying to get a video camera with good audio or an audio attachment. I want to a) be able to record and evaluate myself, and b) create something of a resume. And I'm learning how to play the guitar. I took singing lessons last summer, as I'd never had one-on-one training where I could focus on the specifics of what I could improve. Unfortunately I'm stalled right now because I'm struggling in college (where I'm taking creative writing, interestingly). Anyways, thank you for that, you gave me a happy moment!

6. Alan Lewrie

Me too, only with my Viola. :slight_smile:

7. TheLonelyOne

TheLonelyOne Guest

Go back in time and undo mistakes?! Magically become straight and have the life I wanted? Develop a 6 PAC? Or meet another attractive funny gay guy who will love me?:tears:

8. Eurinthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I want to change the world. I hate living, and there really doesn't seem to be any purpose for being. Not to sound depressive, but I don't see anything in my life I can enjoy in the long run. I don't want my life to be forfeit, though. I want to know that my existence meant something. I don't even care if people ever know who I am. I want to change the world for the better, make life a little easier for people, and contribute to the advancement of life, even if mine wasn't all that great. I know it seems kind of grand, and I don't have much of a plan for it, but I have my entire life to devote to it.

9. prism

To become an astronaut, specifically one of the first to go to Mars.
    It's definitely outlandish, but it is my dream and I am working very hard to achieve it.

10. TKM

TKM

To be like 12 years older so I can go out with Hannah Hart from YouTube :wink:

11. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I would love to travel to space, but that definitely won't happen. Can't become an astronaut because of my eyesight (and I doubt my mental health issues help), and I doubt I'll ever have the money for a commercial flight even if such things do become feasible within my lifetime.

A slightly more realistic, but still outlandish, dream would be to become a successful game designer who makes games that speak to people outside the traditional target audience (i.e. middle to upper class straight white cis males). While I might be able to accomplish most of this, I suspect the successful part is asking for a bit much.

12. FollowtheFreeman

I would really, really, really, really, love to ride a tyrannosaurus-rex. This would be, without a doubt in my mind, the greatest thing that anyone would ever do, ever. Childish? Absolutely. Do I still dream of it? Every damn day.

13. Aquilo

I think a sub-orbital touristic spaceflight may be doable in the future, costs are expected to be about 100.000 US-dollars, so if you're willing to save up for a few decades, you may be able to buy a ticket to space. :icon_wink

I have three wishes.. I really hope they're not outlandish although sometimes I have my doubts:

-Becoming a (voluntary) park ranger in Grand Canyon park for some time and educating people there on the local flora and doing some hiking there.

-Seeing the total solar eclipse of 2 august 2027 with family and/or friends.

-Marrying a nice guy/girl and growing old together. :icon_redf

14. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    See I believe in all my dreams, so none of them seem outlandish to me. Some of the less-likely ones I have are:

1) To sing a duet with Miss Piggy
    - A) Host a Muppet Show reunion TV special
    2) Create, write (or co-write), produce, and star in my own sitcom.
    3) Host the Academy Awards.
    4) Have my own cooking/food related Christmas special.
    5) Influence lots of people - for the better.
    6) Travel around the world with someone special.
    7) Write a couple of books.
    - A) Have said books appear on the NY Times Bestseller list.
    8) Lend my voice to an animated character.
    9) Be interviewed by Oprah.
    - A) Become her friend.
    10) Have a long (and highly successful) life.

15. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine is to play the solo violin part of Celine Dion's song 'To Love You More' at her concert on stage with her.

16. IrisM

1: Affording Transition
    2: Owning and running my own Tea Salon
    3: Becoming an Actress
    4: Starting my own line of clothes and footwear
    5: Writing a book
    6: Making my own video game
    7: Learning to read/write/speak fluently at least four other languages than English
    8: Experiencing a heartfelt romantic moment with someone special

17. Adarya

Write an award winning/bestselling book and become a well-known author
    OR
    Become a musician and make a living playing electric guitar or get into the music industry

(both are unlikely to happen considering I don't even let anyone I know read my writings and I don't have an electric guitar because I can't afford it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Though I think I can write pretty well and I have an ear for sound and rythem, so I'm not giving up hope)

And then I just want to
    - GET OUT OF MINNESOTA
    - travel the world
    -speak and write at least two or three different languages
    -meet my idols
    -Change a person's life in a positive way
    -Make my parents proud
    - Own a dog called Marida
    -Run a mile in under 6 minutes and get healthier
    -Make amendments with the people that are no longer in my life because of things I've done
    -change the world and the people that I meet
    -Keep an open mind to new people and cultures
    -Continue to follow my passions of writing and music, where ever life may lead me
    -Find someone to love
    -Experience as much as possible and be open to those new experiences
    -Love myself (I've got my reasons not to, at the moment)
    -Keep my creativity throughout my life
    -Become as knowledgable of everything that I possibly can
    -Be successful in whatever career I end up in
    -Be happy and live a fullfilling life

18. Fumi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Becoming an Figure Skating judge for International Competitions. It's not a dream I'd pursue, but it would be really cool if it magically happened.

19. Hexagon

To join a mars colony

20. CTJ

CTJ

To look at the earth from space, my life would be complete. I've had friends laugh at me because of my space dreams, they dont understand it. If i was offered the chance to go into space, but i had to wear a red shirt, i'd totally do it.