1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay men who insist they are straight.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Monmon, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Monmon

Monmon Guest

It's pretty obvious they are gay, their voice alone screams "i need cock!". Take for instance, Beiber, everyone knows he's gay, but he still dates women. Personally, I don't like people like that. Maybe if he would be true to himself, I can like him a little bit. Tonsa male celebrities already came out. What's taking him so long?

What do you think about gay men who pretend to be straight?
    What about straight men who appear to be really gay?

2. Hazel

Trololol?

3. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If someone says they're straight, they're straight.
    I don't think it's right to tell other people what their orientation is.

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

The only obvious indicator that someone is gay is that they want to have sex with someone of the same sex. Any other "obvious" indicators are, for the most part, stereotypes, which mean jack shit in indicating someone's sexuality.

Edit:
    Agreed. Telling other people what their orientation is says, "I know what's going on in your head better than you do," which is extremely presumptuous.

5. Bolin

I've known many camp straight guys. Just because they have a feminine voice or aren't interested in sports or are very fashionable does not mean that they are gay.

6. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm friends with one guy and everyone says he's gay or asks him if he's gay and men are always hitting on him, but I don't think he's really gay and he knows he's straight so I believe him. They think he's gay just because he's short, very meticulous with his appearance, and had a bromance.

I never want to assume someone's gay, because you can't judge by stereotypes. Everyone's different with different preferences. Plus, I've had "bramances" so I don't judge bromances. In fact I think everyone should experience a bramance or bromance. :grin:

7. LiquidSwords

^^

I now plenty of straight guys who are more camp than me.

Does that make them gay acting straight guys or does that make me a straight acting gay guy? Or maybe someone's sexuality is irrelevant to the way they act and the gay stereotype is about as dumb and incorrect as most other stereotypes?

8. Linthras

Linthras Guest

^This.
    I have a friend who has a very feminine voice, mannerisms and 'typically gay' clothing style.
    Still he's straight as an arrow.

---------- Post added 26th Nov 2012 at 05:43 PM ----------

I still have a bromance thing going on with my best friend.

9. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^Then you, sir, are awesome. :grin:

10. Linthras

Linthras Guest

:icon_redf I can't really take credit for that. It helps to have such a wonderful person to be close friends with.
    For example whenever we see each other after a long time (we live in different cities), we usually embrace each other in a hug for a few minutes.
    Now if I can only find a wonderful girl or boy like that, that I can actually fall in love with I'd be set for live.:slight_smile:

11. CTJ

CTJ

I have never heard of 'bramances' before. I officially approve of this term and deem you awesome.

12. there is a difference between straight men who embrace their feminine side and feminine gay men.

i know a few straight guys who are feminine but thats who they are, you dont have to be super super macho to be straight at all. they are comfortable with who they are and they like girls just as much as i do, im pretty sure.
    straight men can wear pink, gay men can wear pink. some gay men are straight acting, some straight men are gay acting. its just who that person is.
    you probably should stop worrying about what men you think are and arent gay lol. its not your place to say really.

13. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I swear to you, about 5 years ago, wearing pink was a fashion thing for straight guys.
    The ammount of straight guys with pink, purple and baby blue V-necks was staggering.

---------- Post added 26th Nov 2012 at 06:43 PM ----------

What happened to your bramance if you don't mind my asking?

14. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a stereotype. And while stereotypes are often true, they aren't always.

I've seen him interviewed quite a bit, and I don't get a gay vibe from him at all. Nor does he seem to match any of the other typical stereotypes. Now... David Archuleta or Grayson Chance... there you have quite a bit of stereotypical gay traits to say there's a good possibility one or both of those guys are gay. But Bieber? I personally don't think so.

But the bigger thing here that's disturbing is... you seem to be saying that you don't want to give anyone the chance to come to terms with themselves on their own timeline. Some people can go from their first inkling to fully accepting themselves in weeks; for others it takes many years. We can't push our agenda or timelines on other people, because each person's experience is different. The best we can do, if they are people we care about, is to hint that we support them and that it's OK for them to be whomever they are.

15. toms7

i insist that i am straight to everyone cause i cant say that i am gay i am in the closet still :/ if thats what u mean ...
    or if you mean people that are gay but they dont accept it or they havent figured out yet ! i think these guys are very homophobic!

#15 toms7, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  16. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

it still is here :lol:
    & i think this thread is a joke guys [please say it's a joke]

17. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha Why thank you! *takes humble bow*

Well for most of them we just kinda went our separate ways but the girl I fell for and I had a bramance too and even though I told her I love her she still doesn't push me away when we cuddle when I stay the night. We don't mention the fact I subtly cuddle up to her in bed. :lol:

18. Lewis

This is just like my best friend. Everyone thinks he's gay, and ask him. He often acts a little gay on purpose which leads me to believe he is 100% straight. I know when I was hiding my sexuality the last thing I would want is people asking and I would have probably argued the fact that I was straight. My friend just shrugs it off and doesn't give a shit.

Me and him have a bromance and I'm pretty sure he's straight, even if he is a little camp. I agree that you can never guess a persons sexuality simply because of the way they act.

19. SFSorrow

Not that I'm saying that this is any way indicative of your friend but when I was getting close to coming out I started to act a bit 'gay', ostensibly just as a joke so nobody took it seriously but secretly I was also doing it to test the waters a bit and get comfortable with the idea myself before I told anyone.

20. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my poker group, we have a nurse that is somewhat effeminate, and doesn't like sports. He's straight. We have a truck driver that is a football fanatic, and very macho. He's gay. Stereotypes fail.