1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pen and Teller on the traditional family.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Linthras, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Linthras

Linthras Guest

For all those people who call themselves defenders of traditional marriage or the sanctity of marriage:
    [YOUTUBE]k8mWXofb-fo[/YOUTUBE]

2. Joey4

I used to love watching this show when I had showtime. I did a paper once on the traditional family and cited this exact episode as a reference.

Nice post.

3. Metleon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I'd better learn how to hunt and farm before I marry a woman. Can't have my kids starving.

And I'm pretty sure the women were the gatherers, men were the hunters, and the elders would take care of any kids whose parents were out getting food.

Edit: Also, everything the two that are against same-sex marriage that isn't blatantly saying 'marriage is between a man and a woman' applies to same-sex marriage as well. There's stability, love, etc. in same-sex marriage and it's certainly not a salad bar.

I feel like I'm preaching to the choir, so I'll just say that just about everything Penn and Teller do is great.

#3 Metleon, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  4. Pain

Pain Guest

THANK YOUUUUUU for this :slight_smile:

OMG HE SAID "it's more of a sashay!" Lmao, I'm dying!

5. 807

I do like Penn & Teller & this series did in many represent a form of magic known as mentalism. We hold onto generalities & misconceptions as accepted knowledge & then say, but I'm not gullible, you can't read my mind or fool me into believing poor science or theology. When the reality is that we live in a very illusionary world where we accept as a race, many things that are completely unproven or things that are totally unprovable.