1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please? :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lexi, Nov 26, 2012.

1. lexi

lexi Guest

Im writing a 10 minute play and its due tomorrow...
    Its about a lesbian coming out to her religeous grandmother. ( kind of based on how my grandma would react to me being bi.)

I NEED HELP! I need inspiration about how to make the charicters interact, and some things they might say.. I only came out to my mom and sister(at the same time) and they were both fine with it... I dont have enough experiance!

Basically the grandma believes all the stereotypical stuff and eventually tells her she doesnt want to see her again.. any ideas?
    I have to finish this tonight! :O
    :help:

2. Kat kanu

um when i told my mom she looked me in the eye and said never talk to me again and have a nice life and shes really religeous

3. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Ive only just come out to my dad today so i dont know what to say.
    My dad said he loves me and always will and to not worry what he thinks about it cuz he is fine with it

4. lexi

lexi Guest

:frowning2: thats sad.. Im sorry :/

Good, I'm happy for you :slight_smile:

5. TheSeeker

Oh Kat, when did this happen? I am so sorry, that is awful!

6. Kat kanu

about four years ago its ok

7. IrisM

Have the girl try this approach. She takes her grandmother out to breakfast, talks about how her life and her grandmother's is going and spends a nice happy day with her. At the end of it, she hugs her and reminds her that she loves her and always will, despite whatever surprises life may bring. And the lesbian would leave her grandmother with a note, which the grandmother would find is detailed in explaining how the lesbian feels about her sexuality, that she's sure, and that even if the grandmother chooses to hate or even shun her for this that she would always love her grandmother, always remembering the smile she had that day and the fond memories they'd shared.

The grandmother is then forced to confront her own feelings. She'd have to decide whether her faith was worth the loss of a loving, compassionate granddaughter in her life.

8. PurpleSmurf

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I asked my mother about her opinion on gays and she said that they were wrong and there's no such thing as being born gay. She's sorta religious - she goes to church but she doesn't do much other than that. Good luck with your assignment.