1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dogs vs Cats

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WilliamM, Nov 26, 2012.

1. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Im wondering what everyone likes more is it a dog? or cat? also im very bored haha:lol:

I prefer dogs they seem more loyal to me that cats.

What do you like?

2. Dogs, definitely. Rottweiler is my favorite breed by far. Loyal, hard working, and the coolest looking too!

3. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I've grown up with dogs and would generally consider myself a 'dog person'. If I ever get in the settled down position where I could get a pet, I would definitely get a dog. My family has always had Labrador Retrievers (and on occasion one Golden Retriever).

But I don't dislike cats, and I would love to be able to have both a cat and a dog, as long as I knew they wouldn't kill each other.

Typically I just find dogs to be more active and friendly and loving, like members of your family, whereas I've met some pretty rude cats who just want to be served.

4. PurpleSmurf

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I like cats, they seem like the perfect pet to cuddle with on any occasion. Plus they're lazy like me, so we can relate :slight_smile:

5. dan4now

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I like both, cats are cool for in house chilling, dogs are cool for playing and activities, but dogs are more like kids, they want and need alot of attention, where a cat pet them and feel them, your done.

6. Emberblaze

I prefer cats. They manage themselves more than dogs do and are "easier" to manage than dogs. Lols but if you got three of those lil bastards i aint gonna lie and say it's easy!

7. Jared

I'm a cat person. My cat loves to cuddle with me and he's just very lovable. Dogs are too loyal for my taste, you have to work for a cat's affection.

8. Bree

I like dogs more. I like that they want to go everywhere with you, so they are really part of the family. I love being outside, hiking etc.

I have a tiny dog and three rescue kittens, one of which I'm keeping. I've had my kitten (Thomas) since he was 4 1/2 weeks old...and I'm working on raising him like a dog. Walking on a leash with Jemma and I, etc. It's working. I had him from young enough that he's dependent on me in a more dog-like fashion. I wouldn't want a cat that wasn't.

9. Gallatin

Dogs. I don't mind cats, but I love dogs.

10. Amicus

^That

I LURVE TEH KITTEHS!!!

11. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am definitely a dog lover -- I have five of them.

Cats are OK, but I think dogs are the better companions.

12. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like cats, they're so cute and quite a lot of fun to play with. Dogs on the other hand, I have cynophobia (fear of dogs), so as you can guess I don't like them too much.

13. Ticklish Fish

Hamsters. Ham cutesy sters

14. Fumi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    None, I don't like animals that much, but if I had to choose, it'd be a dog, they seem...friendlier?

15. Hexagon

Cats. They don't smell bad. And they don't hide their intentions.

16. CamaroBlack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I like both I want an alaskan dog I really like them because they're well behaved and they look really cute especially when there puppies and cats because on top of also being cute there really clean so its easier to take care of them plus there's nothing better than having a furry companion to cuddle with during the winter season :slight_smile:

17. Motov

I own a snake,.. named Alfred,...He does magic, when ever I get someone at my door, ie jehova Witnesses pushing their religion and Alfred is on my shoulders,... they tend to get "Brain fade" and forget what they wanted to say to me,...Alfred is also very quiet and is easy to care for.

18. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

Dogs for the WIN!

19. Monmon

Monmon Guest

I like small dogs that you can dress up and take along with you everywhere you go like an important accessory.

20. Alan Lewrie

I like most of the dogs my friends have, but like grand children you can spoil I don't have to live with them 24/7 and prefer it that way. I love my 15yo cat Mulder, and am getting a female kitten in a couple weeks. I know it's strange, but I like the idea of the new cat meeting my current one and maybe picking up some of his personality, and also in some weird way to keep a connection to my deceased Father and Grandfather who took care of him while I worked in DC. I've had him since I was 9 or 10, and is a nice reminder of them when I'm down.

He's very independent, depending on the weather he will be outside most of the day only coming in periodically to eat and be combed. He comes in a few hours before I go to bed--keeping my lap warm--only going outside again for a few minutes to water the lawn before sleeping on my head the rest of the night. After working long days and having to stay at work overnight a few times he has been exceedingly affectionate lately.

#20 Alan Lewrie, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012