1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

religious views on homosexuals study

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justlauren64, Nov 26, 2012.

1. justlauren64

As I have been reading many posts in the subjects such as "Why didn't you come out?" or "What reactions did you get when you came out?", I came to the realization that many bad responses have some root in spiritual values. Note: I am not saying religion is a bad thing on the homosexuality topic IN ANY WAY, but it can not be ignored that it does have an effect on the coming out and acceptance process.
    Now that I have cleared stuff up that may have been confusing, let me explain what I'm doing. I am a Jewish girl with the liberty of having many friends of different religions. Buddhist, Roman Catholic, Mormon, Lutheran, and Islamic to name a few. So what I have decided to do is compare the different religious views of homosexuality and determine how much certain religions really do effect the coming out process. (To clear more up, yes I am aware that all places of worship and family religious values are different and affect this in different ways and to certain extents)
    After my Bat Mitzvah my friends have been more interested in me learning about their religions so over the course of the next year I will be attending other religious classes (to clarify, homosexuality is a common topic this year) and services. My goal is to gain a better understanding of these values and the reason behind them.
    So although I am attending these and learning about the thoughts more in my area, although religions are quite similar throughout the world, I am intrested in hearing about others religious views on homosexuality and any way that they have effected your life.
    Thanks for the help!

2. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Religion also plays a huge role in how your family treats you , not just if you are gay but also if you choose a different religion from them or have no religion at all, or if you marry someone who is not of your family's religion which is a huge no no with Jehovah's witnesses , another example is you say you have a lot of friends with different religions you probably would never get to count a JW as one because they don't believe in associating with people outside of their religion , which to me is the biggest reason why I'm not in that religion anymore.