1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaydar

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brett, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Brett

Well, today at lunch my freind Matt and I were taking about this Brittish kid named Gregg that sits with us at lunch. (Pretty cute guy BTW) And then all of a sudden he says, "...Yeah.....I think he's gay...."

I asked him why he thought that and he just said, "I don't know, he's just kinda girly........and he has gay hair......"
    And that alone made me mad at him, but the he just decides that he wants to talk with his ass and he asks me, "Well.....can you like use your gaydar to find out if he's gay?"

And then I just really want to punch him in the face so hard that his balls hurt!..........

But anyways......srry about being easily offended.....I'm just a verry defensive person. And I honestly don't believe in gaydar, and I think that it's just become another part of the gay stereotype. What do you guys think?

2. Sexiican01

i would smack that dood right across the face

3. Wolfbane

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I dont know....I dont think we have gaydar....like a blinky map that strikes a red dot whenever a non-breeder approaches *although it would be SOOOOO NICE*....but I do believe that since we are accustomed to ourselves being gay and not straight, that we are more succeptible (sp?) to thinking/feeling someone else is gay because we notice their movements and their disposition as resembling our own almost....and its highly familiar....I think its our ability to identify another as homo/non breeder because of instinctive behavior and through familiar memory of our experiences.

4. Orion

Well, I kinda wish it were true, because then my problems would be easily solved.
    Mostly when I feel a guy is gay It's common for me to be 50% right so.. It's not so much really a gaydar but a probabilistic assurance :slight_smile:

5. Sexiican01

well if we do have one, then mine's broken
    x_x;;
    because there's this kid that's really hot and he like fools around a LOT
    he's like always hugging me and rubbing my back
    and it's great but when someone asks if he's gay, he says no
    and goes on about how he's not gay
    and i had a feeling he was
    :/

6. Wolfbane

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    there we go, Orion summed up my words perfectly.

7. Brett

And that's the way it is for me too.......In a perfect world we would have Gaydar. It might help us survive...........OH! Maybe we'll evolve into having Gaydar in the future!

8. Sexiican01

that'd be gangster
    (8

9. TyraBanksIsFierce

it'd be bitchin'

>_>

<_<

10. Wolfbane

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That would be so damn awesome....so helpful too.

11. Alexander

But then everyone else would have straightdar!

12. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

That's fine with me if everyone else would have a straight-dar. That way, I don't have to worry about coming out People would just know I'm gay :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

^ Yea that would make things so easy.

14. Wolfbane

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    but then you have to think aout how it would affect young kids. If a child is gay and they dont know it yet...and their parents are hardcore christians....how will they handle a child that they know is gay from birth? would there be strain with that relationship...what is going ti happen to the child? how will it handle that strained relationship while growing up. Or if parents are adopting, woudl the orphanages be full of gay children only because parents might not want a gay child.....would there be greater prejudice, since employers would know if an individual is gay....sure we would know...but so would FBI, employers, parents, bully's....and everyone. So honestly, do the pro's outweigh the con's?

15. sapphicvariety

bahaha. i so have gaydar. i don't think its a gay thing to have though, because my straight friend becca is pretty good at picking gays out of a crowd.

and about the situation in the first post-- i probably would've been annoyed by the first part... but the gaydar reference would've just made me laugh :grin:

16. acorn7

Do you ever think some people are gay even though assure you they aren't because they're scared? That's very gaydar-confusing, as if things weren't confusing enough already.

17. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This sums it up nicely. It's not some special ability we're born with, we just happen to be able to recognize certain traits and mannerisms because we're so familiar with finding those qualities in ourselves. I can think back to times when I was trying hard to hide my sexuality, and I remember certain things I used to do to cover it up. Thus, it's easier for me to recognize those same habits in someone else because I've already experienced the same thing.

18. Alex89

I think my gaydar was missing from the box. =P

It would be nice if when a mother has a gay child a nice little GPS-style gaydar popped out too - would make it so much easier to meet people. XD

19. sapphicvariety

Anyone else find that there's some weird magnetism between them and gay related stuff? One time I was in a bookstore and I was like "Hm. I could go for some gay youth literature." (go ahead make fun of me). And I legitimately walked to the first shelf I saw and sitting upon it was Keeping You a Secret by Julie Anne Peters. Also every time I'm in the car, Tegan & Sara or Indigo Girls or what have you always seems to come on the radio. It's very bizzare.

20. Words

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ironically enough my straight friend is my gaydar. I have no idea how he does it.