1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pretty ladies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheUndiscovered, Nov 27, 2012.

1. TheUndiscovered

Is it normal to find a woman really beautiful and still be gay? =o There's a girl in my class and she just has really pretty eyes and I can't tell if that makes me bi or not? :X

2. PurpleCrab

Depends. People call themselves bi, straight or gay by the definition they see fit.

If you call yourself gay you probably have a good reason for that, like maybe it's because you know that you're attracted by guys, and that you're reasonably certain you can't be attracted by a girl.

If you want to decipher if what you feel for that woman is actually attraction, I suggest you to think about what you'd like to do with her. If you just find her pretty like you would a kid or a pet, then that's not attraction. Idem if you'd imagine being her friend and nothing more.
    But if you can imagine being intimate with her, as in, dating her, kissing her, well you probably have bisexual tendencies, happy discovery! :wink:

Hope I helped :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. TheUndiscovered

Very recently I've started to feel some similar feelings that I've always felt towards guys but now towards girls. I've always been able to tell the obvious if someone is pretty but now I sometimes feel that feeling. As far as I know I'm not sexual attracted to women..Could that all be changing maybe?

4. jaysuss

I'm around half naked people most of my life so I am open to both genders a lot. I am only attracted sexually by guys but girls have some sort of innocence and acceptance I find appealing so I am really easily able to tell if they look good or not. I feel like i see more pretty girls then hot guys but I know its only guys that turn me on.

5. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's a difference between finding someone attractive and being attracted to them. I'm definitely capable of finding women attractive, even 'sexy' but can't say I'm interested them the same way as other guys. If I see a girl who's attractive, at most I may feel that I wish to get to know her better as a friend or acquaintance. Whereas with a guy I find attractive, ideally, I'd like to get to know him and see if I had feelings for or a connection with him.

If you are/were actually attracted to her, it doesn't mean you can't identify as gay if that's what you feel comfortable with if this feels/felt like an exceptional case. But from my perspective, just based on your brief comment, it sounds that you admire her beauty rather than you're attracted to it.

6. TheUndiscovered

That sounds a lot like me.

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

While I identified as bi up until a few months ago, I mostly agree with Josh in that I can still find a girl to be attractive, but I just don't feel personally attracted to her. I can admire a girl's beauty, but I don't really feel any strong desire for a romantic or sexual relationship with her.

I think how you choose to identify is up to you. While I still wonder sometimes whether I am really bi, I realize that what I really want more than anything is to be in a relationship with a guy, so I identify as gay. I suppose that could change at some point but that's what I am most comfortable with at the present time.

8. jsmurf

Sounds like you're a homoromantic gay-leaning bisexual like me and many others.

---------- Post added 27th Nov 2012 at 06:20 PM ----------

But it's easier to say queer. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. TheUndiscovered

Or..maybe I liked her romantically? I don't know, lol..Sometimes I can't really tell :confused:

10. jsmurf

If some milf/cougar or younger chick my age were to make the first move on me, I prob wouldn't hesitate to go with the flow and give her a great time all night. Frankly, I'd like to experience a naked woman and vaginal sex at some point. Fun to think about while I'm single. But I really want a bf right now.

But I suck at putting myself out for women. They need to put in the work if they want me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#10 jsmurf, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  11. aeva

I'm exactly the same way (with the genders reversed, obviously), although I switched between identifying as bi and gay about a year ago.

12. sunnii

i think finding a woman attractive and being gay is fairly normal. Like I do believe it fits with the youre never 100% gay or straight. I find some women really attractive and I remember my 1st serious crush was on a girl from school when I was 12 but it wasn't sexual.

I think admiring her beauty is a great way of putting it because there are guys who i admire their beauty but i dont find them that sexually attractive

13. Brenny

Women have a beauty that men just don't have. Men are of COURSE attractive but in a different way. I love to look at beautiful women! I admire them so much that I sometimes think it borders on creepy... Do I want to do dirty things to them? Not really. I think there is a flexibility about sexuality. I think one thing that makes it really confusing is developing emotional attractions for girls and finding them beautiful as well... That is when I start wondering what it is that I feel. But in the end, I think it is safe to say I am gay... Or at least I have mostly homosexual preferences. Gay isn't exact but I think it fits close enough.