1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marriage Proposal With Lesbian Couples

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by madi, Nov 29, 2012.

1. madi

So I was thinking about cool proposals and I have always wanted something weird for a proposal, something I knew the person put a lot of thought into..I know with a guy the person almost always proposing is the guy, but with girls how is it figured out who will? I was thinking about if I was with a girl if I would want to do the proposing and I suppose the same issue could arise in a relationship with a straight couple, but it seems more confusing with two girls or same goes for two guys...

2. Astraeus

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The same-sex couples I know - though not to say all are like this - usually have established who is the more "masculine" figure. However, they are often also against predetermined gender expectations such as the masculine figure having to propose, and so they let the person that wants to propose do such. It's really a matter of personal choice and depends upon the couple. I recall one of my friends telling me they did rock-paper-scissors to see who got to propose... It was still a surprise because that was the only thing determined, who would propose, not where, when, etc.

3. julia

It's pretty simple, one partner goes out and buys the rings and then proposes to the other partner. Proposing isn't really planned, so in gay relationships, it's really whoever proposes first.

4. Willjarvis

Simple. One would have to wait until February 29th when it's customary for ladies to propose. It would probably be best not to wait for the other girl to do so, because if she's willing too but neither proposes they'll have to wait four years for another chance.

As for a male couple, either of them could propose at any time.

5. madi

hahaha I see what you did here