1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Years Resolutions and doomsday?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Emberblaze, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Emberblaze

So, as we know, 2012 is (thankfully) coming to a close! So, has anyone fulfilled their resolutions for the 2012 year? Have you been thinking of any new resolutions to chase for the 2013 year? And does anyone actually BELIEVE that the world's gonna end december 21?

As for myself, I didn't have any resolutions for this year.

For next year, though, my two resolutions so far are going to be to 1) ditch this closet full of mirrors that I'm hiding in and 2) get a book published or at least try to get my foot in the door with the publishing process ^^

As for the doomsday crap? Let's just say, I'm going to be having a December 22nd party ^^

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My New Year's resolution, adopted December 21, 2011 (the new year), was to forge myself into a weapon. I am still at the forge, but the fires are hot.

That will also be my resolution for this year.

3. Capichino

I did not have one but mine this year (if thare is one lol) is to get more fit in a way

4. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Learn to talk to people IRL...

Be done with therapy.

Learn to at least accept who I am and what I look like...

5. Eleanor Rigby

Several years ago, I took the resolution to never take New Year's resolution again. So far, I'm sticking to it.

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to be dead set against New Year's resolutions (why wait to better yourself?) but I must admit even I make them now. Rarely do I achieve them. Last year mine were as follows:

I recently achieved the first. The second can't really happen since I only recently made the first and have to catch up on some stuff before I can hoard liquid assets. And I don't even know where the third one went. I doesn't help that I was crazy-depressed when I made these last year.

At any rate, I suppose this year's are:

1) Start a food blog. I love writing. I love cooking. I'm pretty good a both. It'll give me a creative outlet.
    2) Audition for the next season of Next Food Network Star (don't laugh).
    3) Continue writing new comedic material.
    4) Get out more.
    5) Write some short stories.
    6) Make some friends.

I haven't a clue how far I'll go with any of them, as I usually forget the resolutions anyway. Sure these are goals I'd be delighted to achieve, and I probably will work towards them at some point.

7. Rinamir Mortem

I would have said something along the lines of finding a boyfriend but I am about 28 days early so I am now wracking my brains for a pointless yet humorous resolution.

On a more serious note, I suppose I should cut down on smoking, that and spending less.

As for doomsday, I shall also be having a December 22nd party if I haven't already drunk myself into a stupor on the 21st expecting the four horsemen of the apocalypse to suddenly spring out of the ground.

8. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Finding a boyfriend... although im doubtful it'll happen but stranger things have happened

As for the whole doomsday crap, i was freaking out but to be honest, its all been blown out of proportion and its nonsense. I've got a work xmas party to be at on the 23rd. If we cant get the weather right with all the tehnology we've got then i think the rest speaks for its self.

Bring On 2013!!!!!!!!!

9. Yougoglencoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I never give myself resolutions.. but i'm actually giving myself one for 2013, to get a job!

10. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Mine would be to come out if I haven't done it by the time the year is over.

11. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Mine is to get a lawful job.

12. timo

I don't do new years resolutions. I feel like I don't need a specific date to change things.

As for the doomsday crap - I don't believe in it. There's this "we will survive 2012" party me and a few friends will go to to celebrate times to come, and it'll be amazing. And if the world does happen to end that night, at least it ends with a great party.

13. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

I never have a new years resolution but as for the doomsday thing i dont believe it but i will sleep with one eye open because i do think people will go crazy as all hell on that day lol

14. LiquidSwords

I've got an opposite New Year's resolution which is to tell my dad and at least one more friend that I'm gay before the end of December :icon_bigg

15. Chloeles12

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My bday is Dec 1st. It's not the end of the world, it's the end of the ancient Mayan calander. Supposedly they thought a new golden age or something of the sort would begin then. My New Years resolution is to come out as much as possible.

16. Ticklish Fish

I don't do new year resolution.. any day is a day I can make resolution

17. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Also, sexual rampage.

18. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Currently mine are to survive 12/21/2012 (i dont really believe in it dont worry), get a job, and live life

19. PinkTractor

My resolution for 2013 will be to find better ways to deal with my mother's OCPD mental illness/hoarding, so it doesn't wreak such destruction in my life. And to keep not smoking!!

I think this end of the world thing will be just as stupid and anti-climactic as y2K was. EVERYONE knows the end of the world will come about when a white, rich, old, entitled Republican GOP male accidentally says something understanding and compassionate to a pregnant lesbian of mixed ethnicity--- :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. TheFirstStep

I have 2 new years resolutions.

The first is to of course make my newfound self more open to my family.

And my second is to finish my novel.

Yes, at the ripe old age of 20 (sarcasm intended) I am indeed about to finish my novel!

But it won't be ready for any kind of attention until.early next year. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But at any rate, with my resolution for last year being so successful, I figured, I might as well set the bar a little higher this year. :slight_smile:

(last years goal was to gain 10lbw of muscle in the gym. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I know, meat head right? Lol.)