1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glasses and Eyes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by metoo, Dec 2, 2012.

1. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sometimes I think that I have pretty eyes, but I always wear bifocals, because my vision is really bad.

Do you think that wearing glasses degrades the natural beauty of someones eyes?

2. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hmmm....interesting topic....

As someone who has worn glasses since I was two years old, I feel qualified to discuss this.

I have found myself attracted to someone even more after I see them in glasses for the first time. A lot of people look downright HOTT in glasses.

On the other hand, myself wearing glasses has always made me feel self-conscious about the way I look. For years I wore contacts because of my hatred towards having to wear glasses. Recently, due to finances and my vision getting worse, I am wearing glasses again. Everyone says they look awesome on me but yet I am still self-conscious about them.

So....on most other people, I think their sexy. On myself, I hate them.

Just my two cents.

3. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

I dont like the way i look in glasses but some people say i look better with them but i like a person with glasses or not especially if they have blue eyes :slight_smile:

4. canuck

I'm half with inthedark4eva on this one. There are a lot of women who I find pretty, but when they wear their glasses...sexy as all heck :slight_smile:

I used hate wearing glasses, but if you would see my school pictures growing up, you would know why. Glasses used to be horrible. I have these wicked half frame black geeky glasses now which I love. The trick is accenting the eyes. The frame pull the attention straight to the eyes, which when the right makeup is applied, look killer!

5. Ticklish Fish

I think people can look good in glasses.... XD

I wouldnt get contacts though because I dont want to put things on my eyes haha

6. livinglifefree

I think glasses tend to highlight beautiful eyes. The glasses draw a persons attention to that general region.

7. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think the right kind of glasses on the right kind of lady is simply marvelous! :love:

8. ravenfire

I think that a person can look pretty whether they're wearing glasses or not, but then again, I've had glasses since I was maybe 10 years old and I love them to death. They're like a permanent accessory that looks fabulous with anything. I just hate when people tell me that I'd look prettier without glasses and to get contacts, because I tried contacts and lasted for about a week before I couldn't stand them anymore. Glasses are just so much more comfortable and easier to deal with. Personally, I respect people who wear glasses a lot.

9. Gen

Gen

I definitely wouldnt say so.

I think glasses have the ability to draw away from the focus on someones specific eye color, but it also adds to the appearance of that area as a whole. So, I'd still say that they can be flattering.

10. Jared

I've worn glasses since I was 7 and I think people with glasses look hot, especially the black framed nerd style glasses. I personally think I look better with contacts, my eyes look bluer and bigger (my glasses are really strong and make my face look small). I tend to wear glasses half the time and contacts half the time, depends on my mood.

11. Pain

Pain Guest

I love how some people wear glasses. They often look beautiful, though they might not like how they look. I think, at least :slight_smile: I like glasses, but I also like the natural face. :slight_smile:

12. Noir

I've had glasses since fourth grade and I don't really have a problem with them--I don't even really need them except to read and drive, but I wear them every day. I DO think, though, that the type of glasses can affect the attraction of the face. For example, my sister has frames that always remind me of the horn-rimmed glasses from the fifties and their blond color looks very strange with her chesnut brown hair. It distracts from her eyes and all I notice are the frames! I have a pair with thin rims and I think accentuate the shape of my eyes, but they are a metallic rose color which I've been told hides the color of my eyes sometimes (green and hazel). Because of that, the color isn't very noticeable until I take my glasses off and then my friends make a fuss: "Wow, you have really pretty eyes! You look so good without your glasses!"

....So you didn't think I was pretty with my glasses on? :dry: lol

13. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

There are definitely people who can rock the glasses. In fact, when people I like wear contacts usually and then all of the sudden show up in glasses, it generally makes them more appealing to me. I didn't even realize I was crushing on this girl last year until she showed up one day in glasses :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Depends on the person and the glasses, with the right combination they can definitely look hot to me.

However, whenever I go to select new frames, I'm extremely self-conscious especially the last couple times since I was used to wearing generally the same or a similar style of glasses for so long. I think especially so with my new ones, all-black 'nerd?' frames, which I was worried looked too hipster-ish. :confused:

15. sunnii

I have had glasses for about 6 years but I've only really had to wear them almost all the time this past year. I personally hate my glasses but I can't put contact lenses in my eyes. People tell me I suit them but I just don't really like being "specy" lol. I've seen sexy guys wear glasses but I see them without them more so I think of them more when they're without glasses

16. timo

I've worn glasses for the past 12-ish years and they suit me. I can't imagine myself wearing contacts, not wearing glasses makes me look very stupid.

On other people... it really depends on the person and the glasses they're wearing. I don't really care if someone wears glasses or not, if they're attractive they're attractive. But I'm not into eyes anyway, I don't even know the eye colour of the guy I like. It's that bad :grin:

17. Sherri

Glasses change the entire flow of your face. Those who look good in glasses do so because they accentuate that change in a positive way, and those who don't look good in them do so because they don't know how to go with the new flow and so they end up looking awkward.

I've worn glasses since I was five, and I can definitely say that it does cause my eye color/shape to be looked over a lot of the time. When I first tried contacts (age 14, 9th grade), everybody was so shocked to find that I had green-grey-blue eyes underneath those thick lenses xP. I hated contacts, though, so I went back to glasses. Even with new frames and new lens-cutting technology, my lenses are so thick that they protrude from their frames and obscure my eye color/shape.

A few months ago, I decided to try contacts again. For a week and a half, I was utterly miserable. Then, overnight, my eyes just adapted, and now I don't even feel them. I do my eyebrows and makeup differently, and everybody is always commenting on my eyes. At first, people found it really difficult to get used to me not having glasses (they said I looked really good with them), but now they all agree my face is different but still quite awesome without frames :lol:.

18. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

I don't think so. Glasses and the need for glasses, such as myopia, hypermetropia, or other eye conditions, don't change the appearance of the eyes to a significant degree.

19. Monmon

Monmon Guest

The answer is yes, if you have beautiful eyes, I don't think you should cover them with glasses. I'm sorry if this may not be the answer you want. I'm assuming you want people to say it's ok to make you feel better since you said in your post you're wearing glasses.

20. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    idk, i usually find glasses draw attention to ppl's eyes. & glasses are super hot as well