1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From *insert name here*

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LightningRider, Dec 4, 2012.

1. LightningRider

Tis the season and all that stuff. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So I recently came upon the dilemma of the name I would put on Christmas gifts coming from me.
    -Do I put my birth name or should I use this as a way to introduce people to the idea of getting use to calling me my chosen name?
    -What happens if I write it and my Mum brushes it off as a mistake?
    -How would my family react as a whole?

I asked my Mum and she informed me that they'd already used my birth name on the cards and some presents.

So I chickened out and decided to just go with using my birth name this year to prevent any Christmas awkwardness.

But it raised a good question for all the people here transgendered or otherwise:
    What name do you use when giving gifts?

I mean, as for me, for my family I've always used my birth name and any gifts I get for friends I write 'TJ'.

Do you use different names for different people?

Curious. :thumbsup:

2. GayJay

I write jason on my girlfriends cards and stuff, and jay on the ones I give to family and friends.I always have done since I was young, but then they ignored it thinking I was acting out for attention and now they don't link it to being a boy at all. But I still do it anyway. But my mum takes care of all the presants outside my household so she uses the birth name for them They address my present by my birth name though so they really annoys me.

3. Mitchell

I'd imagine you should put what ever that person knows you as??

4. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I thought a little about this.

I was going to say that, speaking of the friends who know about me, I'll use my chosen name. But then I remembered that when I give presents, I never use a "from: [birth name]", because I only put the name of the receiver.

But I guess, that this year I may use Cassandra on the gisfts for my friends, and my birth name for my family gifts.

5. Deaf Not Blind

I not giving many gifts, except mom. I not need to put my name or hers on them as it will just be under the tree.

Cards, I write outside K. and my full last name. Inside it is the short version of my birth name that I go by on fb and at school because of it being signed like an animal. :slight_smile:
    To my rare friends who know and want a card, I put D. or David inside.

6. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never gave gifts (but I haven't been old enough for a job) but once I do and Christmas comes around, I might just use Sam on everyone of them except my parents and half brother (my sister calls me Sammie sometimes so it works) they can have my birth name or my nickname for my birth name (which is less feminine than my birth name :3). I think once I get old enough, I'm getting my name legally changed to Sam Ann Marie (two middle names are awesome :grin:) that way my parents wouldn't be mad and I will be satisfied.

7. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm stuck here... I hate it, but I just have to put my birth name down for now.

8. Deaf Not Blind

i also after grampa died gave a second gift to gramma every holiday saying from *his name* so i have actually put a mans name on gifts i have given, even though it wasn't mine. :wink: