1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bullied?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kelsey, Dec 4, 2012.

1. kelsey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've recently been giving more thought to those of you who have in your life time experienced hate crimes, vulgar and derogative slurs, homophobic slurs , any kind of hate and discrimination what so ever and i would really like to hear what you all have gone through and experienced to get to where you are at today, to be proud of who you are and how you over came such terrible inhuman actions. the more and more i think and see and read the more i want to make aware that this is not ok. so please share with me your expierences!

2. Monmon

Monmon Guest

I was once refused a job at a Japanese owned company because I was gay. They said they can't let me in because they said I'm going to rape all the male employees and spread aids, even though they don't know I'm negative. They won't tolerate sexual harassment in the work place. They judged me, and they don't even know me.

#2 Monmon, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
  3. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never had it that bad regarding my orientation, apart from idiots who think if they badger me into doing it with them I'll find out I like it.

But growing up as an undiagnosed autistic kid was really tough. People can be so cruel to anyone who's different. I had no friends, kids would try to trip me (I have coordination problems), call me names, shove me, trick me by acting friendly and then picking on me... I ended up so depressed and anxious that I had to be homeschooled for most of high school.

4. Klutz

I was the fat, shy, sick, girl growing up. Super easy prey for bullies. I used to be chased around the playground with boys making pig noises at me and calling me "Miss Piggy". I cried every morning before school. I ended up with an unhealthy relationship with food and body dismorphia. A few years ago, I was driving through my hometown when I saw one of the boys. I could roll him down a hill, he was so round. I still own, and wear, a pair of jeans I purchased in the eighth grade.

As for my eating habits, I try to be conscious of what and when I eat. The acceptance of my body has been harder, but I'm getting there. I think that accepting that I am bi has been a huge step for that. I was really sick growing up and hated my body for it. It always seemed weak and malfunctioning. I think that by accepting my sexuality, it was something about my body that wasn't bad.

And Miss Piggy is fabulous! It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized that. What a stupid insult.

#4 Klutz, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  5. jaysuss

I was threatened only by other gay people to the point where I got police involved because they had threatened to rape and kill me. I know it wasn't okay but How I look at it is now I know what to do before I get into a situation like that or what to do if I know someone in a similar situation as that.

6. Ridiculous

"They won't tolerate sexual harassment in the work place"
    First class irony there!