1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is that one thing that makes you gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Monmon, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Monmon

Monmon Guest

Except for being attracted to the same sex. Give at least one indication that would make people think you're gay. All gays are different, and not all gays fall into the same stereo type.

For example, people would know I'm gay because I like pink and glitter.

2. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I really don't see anything that makes someone gay besides being attracted to the same sex. Questions like these only enforce silly stereotypes. And we get enough of those from homophobes and unintentionally ignorant people.

3. Level75

I'm not as attracted to the opposite sex?

4. santaberry

He said something that would make people think you were gay. I think it's a valid thread. Even straight people could answer something like this. Sure at the end he said people "know" he's gay because of something but still. His point is a lot of us have things that society sees as indicative of our sexual orientation whether it leads to the correct assumption or not.

Mine is I love "Sex and the City". Not even seen that much of it because I just catch it now and then but when it's on I get in the zone and can't look away from it.

5. Phoenixaaa

I always ignore talking about girls, to an extreme, when the topic comes up with guys.

6. Monmon

Monmon Guest

I believe we're all gays here, so there's no reason to have inhibitions. There's must be something in you that's gives away. If you're still uncomfortable with it, you are not obliged to.

7. Ticklish Fish

I don't even know.... if you mean things other than "i check out other guys" or "i like guys"

8. silkfrog1292

when I see a girl, i'll sometimes say stuff like "your shoes really match your scarf!" (especially if we're really close friends)
    ....stereotypical I know :slight_smile:

9. Delta

Flannel. :eusa_droo

10. Monmon

Monmon Guest

This is the kind of post I want. I admire someone not afraid to expose their feminine side, it's such a turn on.

11. Brenny

These are little examples of things I've done before being out to certain friends. One girl had like 15 braclets and one was really colorful. I started looking at it pretty closely and without thinking blurted out how I liked it. Likewise, I told another girl that I liked her hoop earrings. I followed that by commenting on another's highlights a minute later.

If those aren't clues, idk what is.

Add to that my list of female actress/singer idols I have that everyone knows about. HELLO.

#11 Brenny, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  12. Monmon

Monmon Guest

Those definitely are, girlfriend. You have an eye for fashion and a gift for colors. right? teehee.

13. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

The fact that I'm not attracted to females and I am attracted to males. It's almost like that's the only thing that makes me gay.

14. BudderMC

I'm going to be blunt: I really don't like the fact that you're implying because I'm gay, I must have some secret, well-hidden stereotype. I'm borderline offended, and I don't get offended towards my sexuality very often.

And if that's what your mindset is, you're seriously going to have to consider changing it, because I'm pretty sure the majority of the LGBTQ-- community would back me on that ideal.

If you like pink and glitter, cool. But I'm not planning on doing that just because I'm gay.

15. Night Rain

My mannerisms.

Also whenever I hang out with my friends, the drinks that I order look really girly for some reasons. +_+

16. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I usually try to ignore stereotypes, but if I were to really think about it, I really enjoy sewing (plushies) and broadway tunes. Other than that, I really don't give off any other indication.

17. timo

The fact I'm a notorious speeder who, at times, likes to blast some deathcore in his car must give it away.

18. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

My short hair, masculine clothes and the fact that I like to be called George! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. caramba2654

The way I treat my friends? I dunno, it probably is...

20. 341

341 Guest

My personality is very strange, I don't come across as feminine at all but you would not believe how feminine my mind actually is. A few things may give off my femininity at times; I think my taste in music may give it off a bit. A few of my favourite artists; Alicia Keys, P!nk, Emeli Sande, Jessie J and Keyshia Cole.