1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tattoo placement help!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ICTOAUN, Dec 5, 2012.

1. ICTOAUN

hey <3 . getting a tattoo that says:

Love you,
    Dad
    XOXO

My dad left me a note a couple of days before he passed away. this note means a lot to me. i want to get it in his exact handwriting too. i think the tattoo will b great for me to look at and be reminded of how much he loved me and how much i still love him. so placement ideas:
    Either left foot under my ankle bone
    orrrr left arm on the inside of my bicep. kind of high up so i can cover it with a shirt if i need to.
    other ideas would be somewhere on my torso on my left side. possibly on my ribs under my left arm.

give me your opinions please! i would really appreciate it. (!):thumbsup:
    [/CENTER]

Attached Files:

2. Ankles. I think tattoos below the waist are cool.

3. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd go for the arm. I really like small meaningful tattoos in that place. It's your decision, though :slight_smile: Just go with your intuition.

4. all those places you named are really painful haha.

ribs is right on your ribcage so its next t bone, so is your foot cuz the skin is less thick, and also the inside of your arm hurts more thn the outside for some reason (according to people who have had tattoos). we cant really decide for you though, personal choice :slight_smile:

i want one on my ribs though and mostly places where they can be hidden for work e.t.c

5. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    forehead obvi.

but srsly, why are you asking us to decide? it's yr. tattoo. altho of those i'd probs go for the arm

6. ICTOAUN

OP

I don't know I've never gotten a tattoo before! And I can't decide where I want it but I'm getting it in like 2 weeks so I want to have a placement set. I don't want it in a lame spot or a spot where it will look bad in a couple years.

7. you arent ready for the tattoo then :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    you can cancel your appt then decide then rebook, its not the end of the world to wait a few more weeks. if youre going to make a decision in a rush just because you have it booked dont go. tattoos are for life and are permanent. you need to be sure its what you want and where you want, you need to think carefully.

8. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    if it's gonna look bad in a couple of yr.s it'll look bad where ever you put it

9. Onyxknight

I personally would choose the outside of your arm or your side. I'm not a fan of foot tattoos, and if you want it to look good for a while, the inner arm might not be that great later on down the road, unless you're a fitness guru. As most have said, it's up to you, and definitely don't rush into it. I can understand wanting to get something that reminds you of your dad, and right away, but if it's going to be such a meaningful thing, you don't wanna mess it up simply because you want it NOW. You might also consider the back of your shoulder or something like that.

10. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

In my opinion i think your arm so you can look at easily but in the end its where you want to put it :slight_smile:

11. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Yeah, I'd go for the arm if I were you. I've heard ankle and rib tattoos hurt like a bitch, but ultimately its your decision. Best of luck. And I'm sorry for your loss. (*hug*)