1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you feel lucky you are gay/bi?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by goratrix, Apr 11, 2005.

1. goratrix

Oh... well I guess the question says it all.

Do you ever feel lucky you are gay/bi? If so... why?

As usual I'll start by answering my own question:

I am a lucky guy! I'm not incapacitated, I'm not a mooron, I'm very happy being a nerd, and I wouldn't change it for anything... just the feeling of solving a math problem is so great that it's like an adiction. And being gay is part of who I am, is part of what I am as a person. So yes, I'm glad I'm gay.

And yes, there are sometimes when I feel that I wish I wasn't... things would just be so much easyer that way...

2. hawkeye

I do feel lucky that I'm Bi. Along with the orientation comes a strong acceptance towards anyone, and seemingly, it also brings a better unbiased thought proccess.
    Also, I used to say "you cant truely trust someone untill you have done something against the rules with them" on the point that both of you trust each other to keep it a secret, but now I've realized that that isnt true, and that you can truely trust someone when you can tell them that your queer and talk about it. Once you can talk about that, you can talk about anything.

3. tinkergeek

tinkergeek Guest

Yeppers, I see being gay/bi/whatever as a gift. People who seem to go through the whole process of coming to terms with themselves and then coming out, have a been outlook and understanding of life. Maybe I just haven't met any dumb gays, but everyone I've met who is gay seems to be above the curve in something. Though, if only I could find one that wanted to date....

4. Aaron

Aaron Guest

I love being gay! I'm not sure why. I particularly enjoy having an identity that is different from the majority, and one that can spark sch reactions. I like being different - always have.

5. Quasar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a privilege being gay. I'm in a select 10% of the population!! The only downside is shouldering the burden of ensuring that my str8 friends and girlfriends maintain reasonable standards with regard to appearance, hygiene and health!!! LOL

6. TheSuburbian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's true! :grin: I like doing stuff like that, like talking 3 years into the past. The last thread button really is a useful tool. :lol:

7. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In a way, yes. I'm happy to be part of the queer world, I've met so many wonderful people I would never have known if I was straight. (I know some straight people get involved in the queer world too, but I doubt I would have if I was straight.)

8. -Michael-

I wouldn't say i was luck.
    Or unlucky for that matter.

Perhaps if i wasn't that much of an interesting person (not on an ego boost here) then id class myself as lucky because im kinda unique.

But i treat my sexuality as i do being left handed.
    Only a small part of the person. :slight_smile:

9. Poring

Sometimes I wished I was normal, especially when I have these crushes on my straight friends and it just breaks my heart to see them with their significant others :frowning2:

10. Helen

Helen Guest

I think I'm very lucky to be who I am, because as I'm part of a group of people who are often discriminated and abused, it's made me very open minded, and I don't let any kind of difference stand in my way of my opinion of a person.

I never liked being normal, as in the kind of 'normal' that the people in my school are, because I know that I could not possibly live with myself if I was like them, because they're all so fake :frowning2: I live as a bit of an outcast really, but I know that things will get better for me when I leave Dubai for good. I'll find people more like me, and I can leave my narrow minded past behind me ^_^

So yeah, I'm incredibly happy to be bi and abnormal. It's what makes me Hln D :grin:

11. Trumpetplyer23

I think I am lucky to be bi. I can appreciate the beauty of both genders and not have to cover up with 'oh, yeah, I'm straight', because I'm not.

My sexuality is part of me, like my ability to pick up things with my toes, or my abidexterity. Those little quirks (among with many others that I won't list) make me, well, me. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Instead of having to worry about guys constantly, I can worry about girls occasionally, it's a change of pace, I guess.

12. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm going to say no. The only upsides are: it forces me to be a little more open minded, and otherwise I wouldn't be able to appreciate hot guys.

13. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't consider myself lucky. The world still has a long way to go before we'll be accepted, and maybe then we can say we're lucky. We are however open minded and accepting, and you could say we're lucky that there are plenty of us that can fight for rights that can change the world. We're also lucky there are people like Becky and Louise who support us too.

I don't think we are lucky or unlucky. It's just a sexuality. How we live with it and what changes we make to the world is what really matters.

14. Beebo

It's funny because my whole life I have always respected people who were different way more. People that overcame huge obstacles and became something inspirational or great. I want to do something great, but I've always wanted to be unique. That's why I'm happy I'm gay, because it makes me unique.

15. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Yeah, I do.
    Somehow, I always seem to want to be part of a minority... and most of the time, I am :slight_smile:

16. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm the same way. Being gay is amazing ^_^

17. jazzrawr

I love being gay ^.^
    I really do. I mean, the coming out part is never fun, but...
    Overall, gay people are awesome. ^.^
    And we have more fun.
    I don't know...I just love it. Maybe because I've known for so long, it's just who I am. :slight_smile:

18. Tim

Tim

I used to be, but now, I'm not so sure >_<

People expect way too much from you due to stereotypes, and I don't want to be the stereotypes, so they get mad when I'm not -.-

19. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't say "lucky" really. I'm reluctant to say that, because it sort of implies that I'm unhappy about it. I'm not. It's just part of who I am. "I'm gay, I'm male, I'm this tall, I'm good at this, I suck at that. Given that, what should I do?" And I've found a fantastic life for myself.

Lex

20. Isaac

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with people who have sadi it's not exactly a question of "luck" but I feel so proud to be gay. If people come back again in other lives I would only want to come back as gay hahah. It's just fun, I'm proud, I see teh world differently, and it's juts an amazing feeling :grin: