1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you know if......

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by woundsneverheal, Dec 6, 2012.

1. your attracted to someone?
    i'm wondering because ever since I've questioned my sexuality , I've forgotten it seems.

2. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

If they sexually arouse you, then you are attracted to them.

3. oh , well ...i can't remember if anyone aroused me....i'll try and think harder

4. Suffocation

It first comes off as lust. When you walk down the street, you most likely don't know anyone there. (At least that's what its like if you are walking down times square)
    So, the first thing that happens is sexual attraction. (for you) Is that girl really pretty? Or is that guy really sexy?

Then it comes down to getting feelings for that person. Like you just want to be around them all the time. You want them to know you have feelings for them

After all that, its attachment. You NEED that person. You can't stand another day without them. They please you sexually, and emotionally. There's something about them that makes you happier then you were before you were with them. You want to spend the rest of your life with them.

A little.. too far? :slight_smile:

5. omg , you described how i feel for this girl i've known for 6 months but is it bad to be attached? not too attached but attached in general

6. LiquidSwords

If the thought of kissing them turns you on then you're attracted to them.

7. Suffocation

I don't mean attached like clingy, annoying. But in a way of knowing that this person means a lot to you, and that you should probably do something about it. :slight_smile:

8. thats how i feel!!! but nobody understands since....well if i told you , i don't know if you'd understand

9. Suffocation

do you need to PM? im here. I will understand. [even though my mood is apathetic. :wink: ]

10. dudedette

My question is how do you know they are atracted to you? LOL

IDK I'm attracted to people on the fact that they are attracted to me.
    I guess that just makes me "Easy"

11. ll just give you a link..

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-chat/76458-story-girl-long.html

read carefully...

12. SkyDiver

1. If they're the person you're thinking about when you go to bed at night and wake up in the morning.

2. Your heart jumps if they've made an effort to communicate with you in any way.

3. Your act flustered when they're around and you can't keep your eyes off them.

4. You experience emotional roller coasters 24/7.

5. You'd rather have nothing else than to have them by your side.

6. You desperately want to talk about them to your friends.

13. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I disagree. My sexual orientation gets weird when it comes to arousal, sometimes acting up in regards to people I find otherwise completely unattractive (and occasionally even going for inanimate objects :confused:). I won't deny that for most people it's a component of attraction, but for some, at least, it doesn't work well as the only indicator.

This has been my experience as well, though to me this signals a more advanced stage of attraction.

There are also multiple types of attraction. You can be sexually attracted to someone without being romantically attracted to them, and vice versa. I can't speak to sexual attraction, but with romantic attraction I feel a strong desire to be around them and just get to know them personally. This differs from what I feel for potential friends in that in the early stages of a friendship I won't want to have anything to do with them unless I can come up with a specific activity to do.

I would also recommend looking into the asexual blogosphere. Even if you're completely sexual, what exactly it means to be attracted to someone is a frequent topic of discussion.