1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice people

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dudedette, Dec 6, 2012.

1. dudedette

I was wondering if I was the only one attracted to nice people.

Once someone is nice to me, I automatically am attracted to them. No matter their physical features.
    I mean is this just a phase or is it something forever?

---------- Post added 6th Dec 2012 at 05:29 PM ----------

I'm only 19, so I'm hoping it is just a phase.

2. Neutrality

I am like that, I'm not attracted as much to someone's physical looks as I am to their personality....soo I can see the hottest guys or girl in the world but, they aren't attractive to me until I have talked to them and they were nice to me. There is something called being Demisexual, where you don't become sexually attracted to someone until you become emotionally attracted to them first....So I'm a panromantic Demisexual who seems to like masculine personality types regardless of if they are in a male or female body...I guess for simplicity sake I could just say Bi...and I do to people who aren't really into LGBTQ stuff.

Anyways! The point being you may want to look up Demisexual...I'll point out to my understanding you can be Demisexual and only homo-romantic (meaning you only become emotionally/romantically attracted to men.) Or Hetro-romantic, pan-romantic like me...ect ect.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't feel like that, although I do consider myself demisexual to the extent that I really need to develop a close connection to someone to develop attraction to them. In addition, I tend to develop attraction to everyone I am close to emotionally.

4. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think kindness is an attractive quality, and I sometimes confuse admiration for crushes. However, you can find a quality about someone attractive and not find them attractive and vice versa. :slight_smile:

5. dudedette

Good to know I'm not the only one doing that.
    so I'm guessing its not a phase and more of a personal prefference that I can probably change in a couple of years.(!)

yea, liking everyone who is nice isn't a really good thing because a lot of people are nice to me and it is a real downer when they aren't interested or finally say something mean.:tears:

I'll look into demisexual, thanks. Its nice to have a word to relate to.:icon_bigg

---------- Post added 6th Dec 2012 at 05:44 PM ----------

is Wiki trustworthy for "demisexual"?

6. Neutrality

Why do you want to change it so badly? In truth there is something poetic and beautiful about only being attracted to a person's personality without regard to their physical appearance. I will admit, for me it does lead to a problem of falling for friends, but that is something I have learned to control with age and I have really begun to appreciate this type of sexuality as a beautiful gift.

7. dudedette

I mean its a good thing but I guess everything has its consequences.
    I mean I don't want to change all of it. I want to be emotionally attached but at the same time I want to get to know them first before placing feelings solely on the fact that they are nice.

By doing this it makes my less likely to fall so fast and more aware of people who are just nice on the outside but evil on the inside.

8. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

I like a person more for their personality. Someone could have a nice body but when i talk to them and they arent nice then im not really attracted to them anymore

9. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i'm not immediately attracted to someone if they're nice, but it deffos helps. & i've noticed that most ppl who aren't nice tend to be pretty ugly

10. Romi

Alright, first off, just to be a stickler of details...You're 19, your age on the sidebar says you're 18. Just sayin'.

Anyway...why why why on earth would you hope that something like this is just a phase?
    I mean, would you rather wind up with a really nice person who treats you well, but might not be magazine worthy or the super douche that always puts their own needs and wants first, never bothering to give a shit about your feelings despite the fact they've got model looks?

I mean...come on. Yes...physical attraction is important, but so is a healthy relationship between two people. So I just don't understand why you would dare to hope that being attracted to someone nice is "just a phase." After all....people who are nice and good looking do exist.

11. Jonimarie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For me I think it is a matter of what they did. Lots of people are nice to me. But I mean I am not going to be attracted to you, if you held a door open for me. But if you went out of your way to be nice to me, and showed me that you actually care about me. Then yes. Lots of people are nice, it's a matter of "are you nice because you are being polite or are you nice because you actually care?"

12. Monmon

Monmon Guest

I am also attracted to nice people, not necessarily sexually. I feel it's very difficult to say bad things to them coz it makes me feel really evil.

I'm turned off by good-looking guys if they're a jerk. Although I may think of them in my imagination.

---------- Post added 8th Dec 2012 at 01:34 AM ----------

To add sexual stuff, I did a favor my ex asked which I normally don't do, or find really gross to do, because it doesn't matter what it is, because I'm doing it for him.

13. Odahingum

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I confessed my feelings toward a female friend, she replied that I wasn't really in love; it was just that so few people in my life had been nice to me that I judged her kindness as too spectacular in comparison.

Perhaps we tend to fall for niceness because we've received so little of it?

14. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Appearances and personalities are both important to me. Very pretty (aesthetically pleasing) assholes are unattractive and guys who look like ass-holes (aesthetically repulsive) are unattractive even if they're some of the kindest guys that exist. Ugly people also tend to be timid and lack self esteem, both of which I find to be undesirable personality traits.

15. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I really try not to care about looks, because if I did it would be hypocritical. So it's definitely one of the most important criteria, the other being intelligence.

16. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't confuse people who do nice things and people who are genuinely nice to the core :wink:.

17. FemCasanova

No, I am very much like that as well. My girlfriend might never be judged good looking enough to be a Victoria Secrets model, she keeps complaining about her extra pounds, but I really don`t care. What was attractive about her, for me, was the way she smiled and the way she looks when she`s happy. It`s all about personality. If a person is nice, warm and humorous, I automatically find them more attractive, and always has. I guess I fall for funny, harder than I fall for nice, but both of them are a lot more attractive than say, physically stunning but arrogant and cocky. It`s a turn off for me. And I have never once seen an attractive model. At least not one I was attracted to. I don`t fall for actresses either, with one exception, Claudia Black. That woman has an amazing smile and a sparkling personality that just radiates through the screen. She always looks like she has such fun. The times when I find my girlfriend the most attractive is a)she`s laughing or smiling because I said something funny or for some other reason b) She`s embarrased and has flushed red all the way to her ears, lol. Both those times I find her absolutely gorgeous :grin:

18. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm glad there's so many people here who like nice guys/gals, I wanna be friends with all y'all! I sometimes think I'm too nice

19. FemCasanova

No such thing as too nice. The crime is on the head of the one who takes advantage on it, not you! Stand up for yourself, but never be ashamed of being nice. God knows the world needs as many nice people as it can get, or we`ll get burried in all the bit**y no-good a**-h**** :eusa_naug

20. not attraction like 'aw shes cute' but more admiration/liking someone a lto more like 'aw shes nice/a good egg'... lol.

do you mean if they do one good deed? if so you would be attracted to a lot of people :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    or more if they are consistently nice? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

im attracted to girls who are nice lol, but more so have a nice personality :slight_smile: