1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sedona, Arizona

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Feb 18, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm going to see my daughter in Tempe in a couple weeks. We're planning a side trip to Sedona. Anybody been there? What are the "must-sees and must-dos"? I've heard its a beautiful place!

2. shaun

YAY BECKY!!! You're going to LOVE sedona. You definitely have to hike up Cathedral Rock while you're there, there's a beginners path which is fun, and not too difficult, there's also a harder path around the back side of the rock, but it's only for the adventurous sorts. The view from the top is absolutely amazing. There's a flat space between the two "peaks" where you can look down into the valley. I could sit there for hours just taking it in.

They also have ATV and Ride-Along tours (jeeps) that will take you through the hills. I've never done the tour, but it looks like fun.

Also, check out the Art-Mart on the main strip in sedona. They have some absolutely astonishing artwork of the surrounding areas (especially Paul and Michael Irvines Work, it's breathtaking)

Here's a link you can check out with some information on the "Vortex's" of Sedona.
    http://www.sedona-spiritual-vacations.com/

Edit: Take me with you!!! :grin:

3. KatoKumi

I was just in Arizona.

But I don't really know the places. The only places I remember visiting was an outlet in Tuscon, houses in Phoenix, and Flagstaff/The Grand Canyon [cliche!]

The scenery in Arizona's beautiful though. No matter where you are. There's a lot more to see than where I live in California. Everything here is kinda like...used. There's a lot of places to walk in Arizona.

4. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

my friend was in sedona for spring break last year....her pictures were BREATHTAKING, i definitely wanna get out there sometime

5. Midget

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I used to live just a little outside Sedona (now I'm just a few hours away). Whatever you do, I recommend two things: look at the view and go shopping. The red stone is absolutely breath-taking, and even more so if you're there in late afternoon/early evening when the sun is going down. And the shops are great -- and that's coming from someone who HATES shopping.

6. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have fun Becky! Be sure to post lots of pictures for us!

7. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I used to live in Arizona but I actually don't know any places to go :confused: Well, I used to live in gilbert, and im not exactly sure where the second place I lived, in fountain hills, I think near scottsdale. lol.

Anyways, have fun! I wish I could go to Arizona ;o

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks, I'm very excited. I'm all about New Age stuff. I can't wait to visit the shops!! I'll probably drive my girls crazy. :slight_smile: