1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pot heads?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CasperTheGhost, Dec 7, 2012.

1. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So just for the sake of curiosity what do you guys think of pot smokers? Would you date one? Or is it a total no-no?

2. Jared

If people want to do that's their business. It probably lowers my opinion of someone if I know they smoke pot, I'm a bit too uptight. I wouldn't date one, just no. I'd prefer a bf who doesn't drink either, but I can live with that pretty easily.

3. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Of course, why not? Would you not date someone who likes to drink to relax?

4. Jonathan

In my opinion it's no worse than drinking alcohol.

5. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I absolutely could not. My dad is a chain-smoker and has been since he was a teenager. I HATE the smell of smoke. It gets into everything and I just don't think it's attractive at all. Pot isn't a serious drug, but it does change people. I just hate smoking anything in general and I could never be with someone who does it. And plus it'd be a major conflict of interest since I've been shadowing a substance abuse counselor.

6. LOL You're talking about my dream man...

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I already did date one. :slight_smile: He uses it recreationally, and it was one of the farthest things from my mind when we were dating. It didn't affect me, so why should I care?

8. Pain

Pain Guest

I wouldn't mind so much. It's inconsequential to me. There are more important things to think about.

9. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't say I'd like it if a boyfriend did it. Plus it smells horrible.

10. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think it depends on how heavy they're into it. If it's just once in a while, and they're responsible, sure. But if they do it all the time, and are just generally lazy and don't want to do stuff, then it's a problem. Same with alcohol, I guess.

11. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like it, but i have over-used in the past to deal with depression. Then again i've done the same thing with alcohol which is arguably worse.

It's also great with sex. I don't smoke it any more unless someone's passing a joint around at a party or something, but i would if i were having regular sex with someone who likes to partake!

Anything that makes sex feel better can't be all bad, for goodness' sake =P

12. Gen

Gen

Ideally, I wouldnt want him to be heavy in drinking or smoking.

I am not a health-nut, but being healthy is something that I value highly and make efforts not to make a ritual of unhealthy practices.(Personally, I dont even drink coffee, but again I dont expect my partner to mirror my practices, just not be too far in the opposite direction.)

Cigarettes. Absolutely not. Drinking and Weed, I guess I could deal with as long as it was in proper moderation.

13. ameliawesome

i do it, and of course i'd date one, though it isn't an absolute requirement :slight_smile:

14. castle walls

I would actually prefer to date someone that doesn't drink alcohol. I hate alcohol and I don't want it anywhere near me at all. I wouldn't call it a deal breaker but I would strongly prefer to be with someone that does not drink at all.

As for pot, that doesn't bother me as much as alcohol. I don't judge anyone for smoking marijuana and I think it should be legal. The only issues I would have with dating a marijuana smoker is that I have asthma and it could seriously negatively impact my career

15. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

What I associate with the phrase pothead: A person who spends a majority of their time high, looking for weed, and talking about weed. I think it's pathetic and a dependency. That is not to say smoking weed is pathetic; it actually very enjoyable and relaxing. Moderation is key.

Being a pothead, as I think of the phrase, would definitely be a turn off for me. If they had other redeeming qualities, I could consider dating them. I can say that I would want anyone I date to be open to trying drugs, particularly psychedelics such as DMT, LSD, and mescaline.

16. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay but maybe if you didn't think of it so literally, and more of a here and there kinda thing, or done medically, how you describe it sounds like an addict.

17. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Like I said, occasional use is fine with me and I'm not a stranger to it. But what I associate the term with, and often observe it referencing, are people who practically are addicted.

18. FJ Cruiser

I cool with people who occasionally smoke. Heck, I'm not opposed to it myself, and I live in a city where just walking down the sidewalks you'll occasionally get whiffs of it. But as far as dating a pothead in the sense that plasticcrows described, no. There's a point where their use starts defining them, and it becomes rather pathetic. The same conditions apply to alcohol as well.

19. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Oh god no. I don't like pot smokers, not because it is a harmful drug (the jury's still out on that, but I personally believe it to be harmful), but because if you're willing to break the law for personal pleasure, it bespeaks a lack of temperance and I'd like someone who can withstand such societal pressures.

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I could date a person who smokes in moderation.