1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you live in a rainy place?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ameliawesome, Dec 7, 2012.

1. ameliawesome

sometimes when it rains i like to pretend i live in a place where it rains a lot. what's that really like? it can be fun to go out in the rain but i can't imagine what it'd be like every day.

2. SkyDiver

I wish.

I live in a place with windy/dry/scorching summers and freezing/snowy winters. Very little rain.

3. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Sometimes it rains so much here that I'll spend entire weeks indoors. Usually thunderstorms, which can be fun and exciting sometimes, but for the most part I find them frightening.
    Snow? What is snow?

4. BENDERBOY

BENDERBOY Guest

All the bloody time.

5. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rain is so depressing. I couldn't imagine living in a place where it rained all the time. Snow is still worse though. That's why I'm moving somewhere that get's no snow and hardly any rain, lol.

6. ameliawesome

see, i love snow! i could live with more snow better than i could live with more rain.

7. Zendlar

I live in British Columbia in a city called Abbotsford. 9 months out of the year the rain is over 100mm a month most of the time it's over 150mm. On average a year we get over 80 inches of rain. Are city is in part with the Pacific Temperate Rain-Forest.

I like the rain, but in the winter it doesn't snow,...it's just cold cold cold rain that goes right through you. I stay inside for 6 months at a time due to the rain. I wish it was sunnier here though even if it was colder.

8. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I've always wished I had more rain, but snow would be even better. My family has an outdoor jacuzzi and one of my favorite things to do is use it in the rain.

9. FJ Cruiser

Despite my skin color indicating that I'm better suited for a marine climate, I can't imagine living in a place where it's cloudy and/or rainy all the time. I grew up in a semi-arid climate, and I'm currently living in a subtropical climate. Clouds more than three or four days in a row starts getting to me, and I'm pretty sure I'd have major SAD if I lived in a place where it's cloudy even half the time.

10. tapsilog2012

tapsilog2012 Guest

Yes, I live in BC, Canada too, rains ALL THE TIME in the fall/winter/spring. I love the rain in the "warmer" months...absolutely love summer rains/thunderstorms, and rain in October or April. The winter rain chills you to the bone.

In the summer drought season I miss the rain though.

11. Alexander69

I live in BC Canada also in West Vancouver and it is soooooooooo rainy all the time it's crazy it's dark when it rains also its so depressing and that's why hot summer weather here is taken advantage of by going to English bay, Spanish banks (beaches) although when it snows on cypress mountain it is sooooo beautiful OMG and on grouse and seymore I do love the snow ahha!

12. Zendlar

Yah I get to see Mt. Baker here in Abbbotsford and it looks so pretty. Yah we get rain for 9 months and then drought for 3 other months....we're effed up in the BC West coast.

13. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wish, and it nevers snows either, I want to move to some place like seattle, meet a boy and fall in love there. :slight_smile: <3

14. Harve

Yes.

I'm so glad I'm here before "of course I do; I live in England" when they live in the South East / East Anglia / the Midlands. You have NO IDEA.

15. silkfrog1292

We have a typical monsoon climate here- it rains a lot in winter, but Summer is also typhoon season, so we get a lot of thunderstorms too.

Our climate seems to be abrupt alternate changes between scorching, humid heat and wet, chilling cold weather.

16. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, it rains a lot here. You get used to it though and I kinda miss it if I'm away for too long.

17. Renge

well i live in a place called "Rain City" :slight_smile:

18. timo

I always have the idea The Netherlands is a pretty rainy place (about 800mm/year) but it's nothing compared to places like Scotland.

19. Fiddledeedee

England.

You get used to it.

20. leer

I live in the north of uk so it rains a fair bit .:slight_smile: